Opening new trail near Mt. Ord, 10/20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Otter

All Access Pass Holder
SILVER Star
Threads
Meeting up at Sprouts at 94th and Shea at 8am, wheels up at 8:30. Driving past Baja about 8:45.

We're going to try and open up new trail near cattle corral just past Mt. Ord run. Going to take the trail out to Roosevelt lake, and depending on time take Apache trail for a scenic route.

Phil scouted trail and thinks should require little digging at entrance then clear.

I am in...See you guys drive past me at baja.....:lol:

Isn't that the road that after it climbs up over some hills it drops off and follows Slate Creek over to 188? If that's it, it was once a good short cut to Roosevelt Lake. My stepdad took it all the time in a 1960 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x2 pulling a fishing boat. I'm sure it's deteriorated over the years. Good luck on the run. Sorry I missed it.

Isn't that the road that after it climbs up over some hills it drops off and follows Slate Creek over to 188? If that's it, it was once a good short cut to Roosevelt Lake. My stepdad took it all the time in a 1960 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x2 pulling a fishing boat. I'm sure it's deteriorated over the years. Good luck on the run. Sorry I missed it.

Yep Great eye and memory:cool:

As the only one who got to see the other side of the wash, I can say that it's overgrown, but not impassable. I got some decent pin striping covering the two miles to the creek bed. Only two or three real obstacles between the wash and the creek bed. I definitely want to run it the other way to see what the rest of the trail looks like. The part I saw had some great views!

I came across two hunters who could barely believe that I made it across the wash.

Are the Road Closed signs down on the west side? I think it was even boarded up or a gate was there. FR26 was closed at the west side years ago after a flash flood wiped out one section. We used to go on 26 when I was real young...in our Mazda 4WD MPV.

Thats crazy!

In the beginning (take note of the water line for comparison)

FR26.JPG

:eek:

:clap:

nice work guys

Thanks Dozer for the pics of Carter and tarantula, he is quite proud of them :)

Do we have any pics to document the recovery we did :doh:

That was impressive ;)

Thanks Dozer for the pics of Carter and tarantula, he is quite proud of them :)

Do we have any pics to document the recovery we did :doh:

That was impressive ;)

You were spot on when I told you I gave my camera to Carter to take pictures of dad in action...I have a lot of pictures of rocks:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom