ONSC's Cookin', Grillin', and Bacon thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulled it off at 205*F around 8pm, after 9 hours; not too bad of a schedule. Stuck it in a cooler and took a nap until 2am. It was still hot when I woke up. Stupidly tender. Not much smoke smell or taste or ring, even though it was puffing nicely throughout the cook. Maybe all the paint fumes are messing with me though so I'll try it again in the morning and get a pic. BTW......IH8PAINTINGROOMSWITH12'CEILINGS.

IMG_2607.jpeg

What's that recipe?

I did store bought pie sheets vs making the crust from scratch (Pilsbury ones that come in a two pack rolled up). I also let the tomatoes drain for a couple hours after sliced, dabbing with paper towels numerous times...ain't nobody like a wet pie!

I also did this one a week ago but the crust is a huge pita and while it tastes great, it wasn't what I think of when hearing tomato pie...it is almost like a tomato quiche.

What's that recipe?

And also...it baked for more like 45 minutes to get the cheese browned...and...I rolled the cheese / mayo mixture in b/w some plastic wrap then transferred to the pie (was way easier then trying to spread it out).

Ate at DW’s Deli with @landwagon and wife on Saturday while at CMCC. Damn tasty stuff. Now I know why life expectancy is lower in PA like it is in Montana/MN/WY. They put Cheese Wiz on half the menu. And fries on the sandwiches!

FFAEA7FD-A833-4083-81E2-2AF81E90AAA2.jpeg

6286E352-842C-4412-8C30-64BCF84C6853.jpeg

Cod, grilled on foil with lemon and dill. Served it with a pineapple/mango salsa and that stalk vegetable that makes your pee smell funny (can’t think of the name, and it’s killing me).

Asparagus?

What’s that smell?

I brought back some Walleye from the Wegman's I go to in NOVA. Made us sandwiches for lunch. Didn't have any pickles so I used carrots for the crunch...just wasn't the same. Cheese curds thrown in for the full Minnesota experience.

IMG_3111.jpeg

We’re cooking with heat now!

Roasted Roots n Reaper hot sauce and a pineapple mango peach Reaper jelly.

65DAC194-704C-4FE8-8087-230D66FC2FF2.jpeg
FDF03BFF-87FB-447E-829B-1C76BEDA04E0.jpeg
03580AFA-AB89-424C-8A50-D0F3B623B36D.jpeg
2AF11A11-3537-433A-982E-DE2CBC2A5475.jpeg
08F6450C-A663-41F4-89B6-5435C46867FD.jpeg

Last edited:
smart move doing the reapers outside. Mine were in the kitchen. Anyone saying a surgical mask fully filters out everything can come try it while standing over a pot of cooking reapers.....

Oh, and next time anyone comes out to GSO hit me up for a free pot of reaper jelly. I'm sure it's not as good as Jason's latest - but it'll burn like hell and you'll enjoy the experience. I have like 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom