ONSC Velcro Patches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone already working on this? If not, does the BOD need to approve?

• 2x3"
  • 100% embroidered
  • Velcro hook on back
  • Subdued color and/or full color

I'm finding costs in the $1.80/patch up to $5 per patch depending on colors and volume. I could fund and hold inventory and do a price based on final costs + shipping.

I'm thinking the first round cold be a coyote with black subdued embroidery. Examples below for the NC flag:

2-x3-north-carolina-state-tactical-patch-4.gif

The bod can provide the logo (vector format, perfect for stuff like this) for you to use, but you can't sell the end product for a profit and it can only be sold to members. If you want funding from the club to do this then yes, it would have to be approved.

What would you use them for? I don't know many, if any, club members that wear velcro hats or jackets and couldn't see myself putting adhesive velcro loops on things just to out this patch on. Not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't understand.

The bod can provide the logo (vector format, perfect for stuff like this) for you to use, but you can't sell the end product for a profit and it can only be sold to members. If you want funding from the club to do this then yes, it would have to be approved.

What would you use them for? I don't know many, if any, club members that wear velcro hats or jackets and couldn't see myself putting adhesive velcro loops on things just to out this patch on. Not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't understand.
Very big with the overlanding crowd , every vendor is supposed to supply them at the overland expo.

Ah, BrOverland, gotcha.

Let me know what we can do to help Jamie. If you want em, we'll help you get em.

The next step would be uniforms . . .you would have to wear them at all events and to your work on Thursdays to show your love of the club.

. . .

Let me know what we can do to help Jamie. If you want em, we'll help you get em.

Let's monitor interest for now. I will collect costs and can provide the BOD or this post with the quote along with an actual picture of the patch. We can solidify colors if there is interest, as well.

The goal is to not require you, the BOD, or other active members to have to do any work here. Work has lightened up for me considerably with the new role, so thought I would "strike while the iron is hot."

Last edited:
The next step would be uniforms . . .you would have to wear them at all events and to your work on Thursdays to show your love of the club.

Now some club carhartt coveralls I could get behind :hillbilly:

Let's monitor interest for now. I will collect costs and can provide the BOD or this post with the quote along with an actual picture of the patch. We can solidify colors if there is interest, as well.

The goal is to not require you, the BOD, or other active members to have to do any work here. Work has lightened up for me considerably with the new role, so thought I would "strike while the iron is hot."

10-4! The enthusiasm is most welcome :cheers:

Exactly that, it was a yes or no question, who owns the logo, the trademark? I guess that means we don't.

I went through this ownership of logo and name last year with one of mine, it was a nightmare We had the URL but didn't protect the logo and name with registration, it was long and painful to get through it. We didn't know we where exposed and, even though we were using it for many years, someone else came in and registered it.

We did work with an trademark attorney firm out of Greensboro if you want a contact, very reasonable and quick to work with the USPTO. Helps to have it officially owned and protected.

Exactly that, it was a yes or no question, who owns the logo, the trademark? I guess that means we don't.

I went through this ownership of logo and name last year with one of mine, it was a nightmare We had the URL but didn't protect the logo and name with registration, it was long and painful to get through it. We didn't know we where exposed and, even though we were using it for many years, someone else came in and registered it.

We did work with an trademark attorney firm out of Greensboro if you want a contact, very reasonable and quick to work with the USPTO. Helps to have it officially owned and protected.

Good call, your question made me think about that. I hadn't thought about trademarking our logo/name before. To my knowledge the logo nor the name are trademarked. Paging @southerncruiser62 and @GarnerFJ40 to see if it is, but I don't think so.

I'd love a contact! Shoot me a PM and I'll get that process rolling. Thanks Izzy :cheers:

On the way. I made the mistake of now owning a company name and logo, it was a painful experience I won't forget soon.

Is the club a legal entity? I think you have to be to own stuff like Copyright or Trademark.

I looked up the "poor man's copyright" and I see that what my college professor told me about it isn't maybe as good as it should be. He said to mail yourself a registered letter with the contents of the item inside. The USPS date stamps registered letters. Don't think it works for Trademarks, though. Don't think it stands up, either.

That part I don't know, if we are a 501 c or how we file. But I forwarded Johnny the lawyer firm we used for that, they would know what to do.

I do have all my patches from places or people I meet from all over. They look good on the headliner of the 80, and each one have their own stories....Including the rare Southeast Overland one from Steve....He gave one of the last ones he had and pulled it from his own shirt, I cherish that one!

Is the club a legal entity? I think you have to be to own stuff like Copyright or Trademark.

I looked up the "poor man's copyright" and I see that what my college professor told me about it isn't maybe as good as it should be. He said to mail yourself a registered letter with the contents of the item inside. The USPS date stamps registered letters. Don't think it works for Trademarks, though. Don't think it stands up, either.

Yes we are, a 501.c.7 non-profit organization, up to date with the IRS. That info was conveyed in the club financial update email I sent out earlier this month that apparently everyone read :p

Got your email Izzy, I'll get the ball rolling!

Good call, your question made me think about that. I hadn't thought about trademarking our logo/name before. To my knowledge the logo nor the name are trademarked. Paging @southerncruiser62 and @GarnerFJ40

We never filed for a trademark/copyright on the original logo nor name to my knowledge. I am positive I personally never got this taken care of, need to confirm with both @fortknox and @GarnerFJ40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom