One Person Brake Bleed and Flush (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have a recommendation for the best source for a replacement Master Cylinder ? They seem to be a discontinued item from Toyota and they are widely available from $80 to $205 from SOR. CCOT think under $200, Some have the Sensors included (SOR) others don’t. Hard to tell what the quality of the units from NAPA and AutoZone are. Parts Authority, which bought BAP has one for $125 mfr by “Centrix” which is probably China. Hard to know what to buy. Appreciate any advice.

These systems pressurize brake fluid and use clean brake fluid to push the air and old fluids/moisture out. There is brake fluid in the tool’s reservoir. Basically a weed sprayer filled with brake fluid, hooked to your master cylinder reservoir(s)

Jed, does the Motive Universal Adapter caps fit both of the Tandem reservoirs one is smaller than the other) on the later model FJ40’s? Will it fit on the smaller Clutch Master cylinder reservoir? Do I need another adapter for those reservoirs?

Motive’s 0101 product is the universal kit and will attach to each of the brake/clutch reservoirs on my ‘76 FJ40. Also used it on my 91 F250. Game changer.

Anyone have a recommendation for the best source for a replacement Master Cylinder ? They seem to be a discontinued item from Toyota and they are widely available from $80 to $205 from SOR. CCOT think under $200, Some have the Sensors included (SOR) others don’t. Hard to tell what the quality of the units from NAPA and AutoZone are. Parts Authority, which bought BAP has one for $125 mfr by “Centrix” which is probably China. Hard to know what to buy. Appreciate any advice.

Cruiser Outfitters and City Racer both sell Aisin and Advics master cylinders, the OEM supplier for Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom