OME Front Strut Bushings - found the clunking noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been trying to chase down an intermittent clunking sound from the driver side on braking. I sounded like it was coming from underneath, so I assumed it was lower suspension related and never looked at the top strut mounts. Until today.

This is what the top bushing on the driver side looks like... It's completely blown out and the strut moves around in the mount. Doesn't look like there's any damage to the mount. The passenger side is fine. I wonder what went wrong here?

So I need to replace the full set of bushings on both sides of the upper mount. I figure it's worth doing both left and right sides while I'm at it.

Can anyone confirm that this is the right set to get? OME Shock Bushing Kit - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/omesmp501/. Looks right to me but want to confirm.

Thanks!

driver-side.jpg

driver-side-removed.jpg

I've been trying to chase down an intermittent clunking sound from the driver side on braking. I sounded like it was coming from underneath, so I assumed it was lower suspension related and never looked at the top strut mounts. Until today.

This is what the top bushing on the driver side looks like... It's completely blown out and the strut moves around in the mount. Doesn't look like there's any damage to the mount. The passenger side is fine. I wonder what went wrong here?

So I need to replace the full set of bushings on both sides of the upper mount. I figure it's worth doing both left and right sides while I'm at it.

Can anyone confirm that this is the right set to get? OME Shock Bushing Kit - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/omesmp501/. Looks right to me but want to confirm.

Thanks!

View attachment 3394360

View attachment 3394362
Sure looks like the right thing. You can also get similar at FLAPS (Friendly local Auto Parts Store). Nothing magical about OME. What Slee is supplying are similar but don't look identical to the OME. That way you could have it today.

Tried auto zone and advanced auto parts already. Can’t believe they both didn’t have anything usable in stock, but they didn’t. Too hot out to keep going - 105 today! Just going to order them and do it next weekend.

Tried auto zone and advanced auto parts already. Can’t believe they both didn’t have anything usable in stock, but they didn’t. Too hot out to keep going - 105 today! Just going to order them and do it next weekend.
If all they did was look in the computer, then they're stupid.

I used to work behind the counter and the people they hire today are a scourge on the industry.

Dorman has a product line that you can buy just the rubber pieces enough to get you by.

Dorman Shock Absorber bushing

What about Toyota itself? Wouldn't stealerships have those bushes in their spare parts dept stock on site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom