old wipers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello all. after months of working on my cruiser and getting it back to oem speck as I can, then finally driving it. Arizona started doing a funny thing... it rained here for 2 days strait, and I was reminded that my wipers are still oem. the kind that to my knowledge haven't been sold since at least the 90s? so is there a way to bring back the old rubber or an original looking and fitting replacement? thanks.

what vintage wiper are you talking about?

what vintage wiper are you talking about?

He has a 77, thought the dealer either has them or can get them. If not there should enough of the 75+ 40s around to have a aftermarket option available. Trying to bring back old rubber in AZ probably would work, especially when you expect it bend back and forth.

If you have the the newer arms (mine is a '69 so I upgraded with a pair from SOR). Try the Trico Rainguard beam style blades.
I've used most of them and the best for the price for our climate, imo.
Put them on the Kenworth over a year ago (400 miles a day) and still like new. Since then, all the family Toyotas have been swapped over.

He has a 77, thought the dealer either has them or can get them. If not there should enough of the 75+ 40s around to have a aftermarket option available. Trying to bring back old rubber in AZ probably would work, especially when you expect it bend back and forth.

They work excellent during snowstorms as well. assuming you got some. ;)

he posted old so I was thinking mid 60's.
the later wiper blades should be available at Napa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom