1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old doors on '76 & alum hatch?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by dylan, Oct 4, 2003.

1. dylan

dylan

i just bought an early style hard top(with rear hatch) and front doors all in good shape.will these fit my 76 fj40?what does the door striker look like?also, i saw someone on here with a aluminum rear hatch(aqualu?)any info would be great.thanks

2. axlechassis

axlechassis

The alluminum hatch is from aqualu. Can't help with the early doors. I know the handles and inside panels are very different.

3. 78crzr

78crzr

Dylan,

You didn't buy your top and doors from someone in Houston did you?

4. dylan

dylan

no, i got them in B.C Canada for $100 canadian just 1/2 hr from my house :D

5. dylan

dylan

[quote author=axlechassis link=board=1;threadid=5951;start=msg47467#msg47467 date=1065323584]
    The alluminum hatch is from aqualu. Can't help with the early doors. I know the handles and inside panels are very different.
    [/quote]

how much was yours axlechassis? and does it bolt right up to the stock hinges?

6. axlechassis

axlechassis

Dont recall what the hatch cost as I bought the tub with it. Between $200-$300.
    I comes with its own hardware and hinges some drilling and fitting required to install on the later model top.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">