Builds Old Blue (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you dont mind, what does RCV get for a double splined custom shaft ?

$4500 on a TIG machine would be insane for a garage builder :lol:

Dont ever judge a book by its cover

What I meant is you could buy a $1500 machine which would absolutely exceed your needs.
This would go above and beyond for you. You would also really enjoy it once you get the hang of it.

By the looks of firedonkeys mig welds I would speculate he has had a TIG in his hand and the 4,500 has already been priced out on specific machine.

Not sure what the fire Donkey is. But I was a LT Fire/Medic Spec Ops. Team Leader for FEMA First In Team 831 was my first FD number L-1 was my last

Not sure what the fire Donkey is. But I was a LT Fire/Medic Spec Ops. Team Leader for FEMA First In Team 831 was my first FD number L-1 was my last
I was waiting to learn more about this donkey that I thought I was missing this whole time. I’ve often thought that your welds came from a tig before I asked. Mine look like RTV that came rushing out of a tube compared to your welds that look beautifully uniform.

I'm gonna try to pin the tail on the donkey. I see it as a term of endearment from a decade and a half or more ago. Back in the earlier forum days, Pistol Pete from the Baja racing scene was involved with some online banter with the rock crawlers on Pirate4x4 once those rigs started to "go fast" and compete in the more wide open desert races. He (Pistol Pete) called the racing rock crawlers "Rock Donkeys". Its funny, it was good for a laugh. Pistol Pete was a colorful character (online for sure and have read as much in person but I never met the man, may he RIP) Lance of Pirate4x4 named his baja off-road racing team "Rock Donkey Racing" because of the moniker from Pistol Pete.

rock cralwer ==> rock donkey is similar to fire medic ==> fire donkey

how close or far off am I @peesalot ?

Mike, I got the RTV welder as well I think. Search Butch & Nolen for donkey history.

Ha! This is as good as it gets for me. It’s strong but it’s no show quality, not that it really matters as none of those beads showed through after paint.
Mike, I got the RTV welder as well I think. Search Butch & Nolen for donkey history.

IMG_1104.png

I have a 110 Lincoln at home and access to 220 miller matic at work. If I slowdown on the miller, I get half descent welds. The Lincoln never seems to do me any good beyond thin sheetmetal. I need to step up the home garage, but with access to the miller it’s tough to justify a better machine at home.

The fact we are talking about Nolan Donkeys and My Ability as a garage hack pretty much brings this thread to a close . I may post a pic when its finished :flush: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom