Builds Old Blue (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few more

IMG_6579.jpeg

IMG_6582.jpeg

Pulled the old axles out tonite :oops: I was a little worried that the frame would be to heavy for me to lift but its not to bad . Now i can flip it over . I am also welding up all the useless holes

Pulled the old axles out tonite :oops: I was a little worried that the frame would be to heavy for me to lift but its not to bad . Now i can flip it over . I am also welding up all the useless holes
Yep, I welded all those dumb speed holes closed on mine too! Way less mud and dirt collecting in the frame

Well tonite my goal was to get the axles off and out of the way 🙏. I needed to make something that I could put the frame on and be able to move it around . The hardest part was getting the rear axle out because 1 rear wheel was locked up 🤬. So I had to just drag it. Ugg But it’s gone ( well it’s in my driveway for now ) With that crap out of the way I can really get to work on the frame now and get all the old brackets removed and holes welded up . Just to get an idea I threw the new rear axle under 😃. I swear I spend more time getting rid of old 40 junk than I do anything else .

IMG_6594.jpeg

IMG_6595.jpeg

IMG_6596.jpeg

Last edited:
I love those wheels. What are they, 2”? It’s looking good!
4" 2 swivel and 2 are stationary . got them at harbor Freight . I made the stand so the frame is pretty close to ride height . 25 " to the bottom of the frame . I have 40s on the black 40 and the frame is at 23 . i figured with 43s 25 would be a good starting point .

4" 2 swivel and 2 are stationary . got them at harbor Freight . I made the stand so the frame is pretty close to ride height . 25 " to the bottom of the frame . I have 40s on the black 40 and the frame is at 23 . i figured with 43s 25 would be a good starting point .
That’s way better than jack stands, and 43s will look amazing on that. My ride height is still settling as I add more stuff. I’ll hopefully be between 23-25” with 40” tires when it’s done. It’s sitting at 20” on 31s at the moment.

What wheelbase are you aiming for again?

Spent a few hours on the frame today. Got 1 side done 😃. Brackets are off. Holes welded up 😎.

IMG_6604.jpeg

IMG_6605.jpeg

IMG_6607.jpeg

IMG_6612.jpeg

IMG_6613.jpeg

Looking good, man that grinding dust is awful stuff tho 🤮

When I made my cage tie into my frame I made extra plates in anticipation of old blue

IMG_6621.jpeg

IMG_6622.jpeg

IMG_6623.jpeg

IMG_6620.jpeg

IMG_6618.jpeg

Nice plate tie ins 👍

Any reason you didn’t blast the frame before doing all the fab work? It would weld SO much better if it was clean, up here there’s a place that would charge about $200 for it

Nice plate tie ins 👍

Any reason you didn’t blast the frame before doing all the fab work? It would weld SO much better if it was clean, up here there’s a place that would charge about $200 for it
Everywhere i weld i wire wheel and sand clean first . I was going to blast it first but then i figured just do it after i have the fab work done The frame looked bad but really that is just dirt . when its done it will look better than new . But i agree would have been cleaner to start for sure . I have access to a dustless blaster down at NIC ( cerakote ) but will probably just take it to who i have powder coat for me . Up until just what 3 days ago this has been sitting in my driveway so it would have been all rusted if i got it blasted . Now i have it in the garage so i can get it done .

Cool, if there was ANY chance it would have gotten wet after blasting I would have held off also.

Slow and steady I only have 1 more bracket to remove ( rear drivers side leaf hanger ) all the other are off and all holes have been welded and ground . I have been dragging my feet on cutting the stock trans mounts off . But since the 2f is not going in i guess i should just do it . The Upper link mount needs to go there anyways so they have to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom