Builds Old Blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got home a little early today so I finished getting the brackets off . Welded up the holes and working on the upper link mount for the front . I have a set of motor mounts but I need to figure out placement first.

IMG_6631.jpeg

IMG_6636.jpeg

IMG_6632.jpeg

IMG_6638.jpeg

There were 18 holes just in this section 🤦🏻‍♂️. But they are gone now I just hit it with some primer to get a visual reference.

IMG_6639.jpeg

IMG_6640.jpeg

My thoughts are to make a plate that attaches to the front crossmember and attach the tube to that . Then once i make the plate that the winch will attach to i can run some gussets from the bottom of the winch plate to the front cross member plate . This needs to be Strong !!! and not move .

These frames are so hard to get a nice clean weld on . I am far from a professional welder but for whatever reason the frames just are hard to get a clean weld . I don’t think it will fall apart but I want it to look good

Last edited:
These frames are so hard to get a nice clean weld on . I am far from a professional welder but for whatever reason the frames just are hard to get a clean weld . I don’t think it will fall apart but I want it to look good
I know what you mean. My inner frame was the worst and it seemed like it was saturated in gear oil and/or had contaminants inside of the steel. Your welds look good to me!

And those are ? 60, 14 bolt, open enough for 40 spline shaft ? You need a tig.

It is a Tundra 3rd. With Dana 60 FF spindles , Hubs , brakes . Will have rcv shafts and Solid drive flanges

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom