Oil in the intake 3L + Turbo (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Man, i was really hoping some of the excessive smoke was maybe from a faulty glow plug, but its been running fine. Besides a few intake issues (some stuff not capped off etc) its been running fine.
So i did some investigating. All glow plugs are fine, and pulled the intake off the turbo...and its got a fairly good bit of oil in it. As far as i can tell the turbo is fine (as far as the turbine, theres no movement or excessive wiggle). My theory is the oil drain was routed to the alternator and im at least hopin that its just backing up slightly in the turbo and the turbo hasnt gone bad...just cant drain oil fast enough.

Here are some pics of how it was routed. Im assuming i need to drill and tap the sump and route a dedicated line to it from the turbo drain. Has anyone done this and have any insight or photos of location and what piping youre using to allow for proper volume of flow?

3L Ln107 with a Ct02 bolted on.
IMG_7224.jpg
IMG_7225.jpg
IMG_7242.jpg
IMG_7244.jpg

-10 an line
remove the oil pan and check for internal pan ribs and clearences to engine internals
drill high on the pan so youre well above the high oil line
weld in a threaded bung
build a -10 line to suit with end fittings of your choice, order from a wholesale turbo race shop online, kits are available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom