Oil Cooler Leak Repair guide for 2UZFE 100 series (LC or LX) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 3591754
This is a good chance to do some relatively inexpensive preventative maintenance.

1. Purchase Hose #1 (15777-50030).
2. Purchase Hose #2 (16282-50040).
3. Purchase 4 new clamps (90467-20011).
4. Purchase new or reuse coolant.
5. If you can wait to do an oil change at the same time then purchase the gasket 15710B (90301-67004) super cheap.

Remove the shield from underneath and then drain your radiator.

If you can wait to do an oil change at the same time then drain the oil, remove the filter, use an appropriate socket to remove 15690 this has a torque spec. (If you want it I will reply when I get home.) Like I said, If you can wait this may save you from having to purchase the #2 hose.

Look at removing the #2 (16282-50040) hose to drain more since it is to the front of the engine. The hose I have labeled #2 is really short so it could be difficult to remove if it is old and stiff. I would have a new one on hand its pretty cheap.

Then with some patience, crawl under the Cruiser with a variety of needle nose, picks, and any long reach pliers and work that upper clamp off. Once you have the clamp turned around and slid down then you can either use some hose pliers to loosen or carefully use a razor blade to score the hose and remove it. Be prepared for "the rest" of the coolant to come out. (It can be done!)

Install new hoses with the 4 new clamps. Going on is way easier than coming off.

I am sure some of the smarter people will point out something as well. Good luck!
Im having trouble reaching hose number 1. Hose number 2 is right at the front and short there is no problem getting that done.

Do you remove hose number 1 from the bottom or top on the engine side?

I ordered all the parts from your list thank you.

Last edited:
Im having trouble reaching hose number 1. Hose number 2 is right at the front and short there is no problem getting that done.

Do you remove hose number 1 from the bottom or top on the engine side?

I ordered all the parts from your list thank you.
I reached it from underneath. Behind the front tire. Jack up the vehicle to give your arms a chance to reach around or up and over. You can get to it. Trust me.

I reached it from underneath. Behind the front tire. Jack up the vehicle to give your arms a chance to reach around or up and over. You can get to it. Trust me.
Nice point about coming at from the rear of the front tire, when I tried to replace mine I was still tied up in a pretzel from the figure 8 oil gasket that should be changed at the same time, the front opening I had seemed like the easy way to go if I could just sneak my hands up there. Also if that figure 8 gasket has been leaking for a time which is highly likely, that area is a mess of oil and grease. Could not agree more about this being an important item to check and complete when you start accumalating miles on the engine. Add a degreaser and some disposeable towels/rags to make your life easier. This is not a difficult job but will go onto the list of things you do not want to do again for another 150k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom