Ohh Pretty Side Moulding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I got my side moulding on Thursday from the mister Cdan and put it on this weekend. It's the OEM side moulding that says "four wheel drive" on it. Here are some pictures enjoy, or ridicule, whatever works. ;)

Image-2F61E67F6FE911D8.jpg

Image-2F61F4B36FE911D8.jpg

Image-2F61D98E6FE911D8.jpg

Darwood,
That looks great.............. :D :D

Wayne S :cheers:

[glow=black,2,2]Gotta teach your 80 to work for the camera .. ;) . We need closeups of the relief .. and depth . Maybe some with it lying on the beach with the tide washing in upon it .. :D

Seriously .. looks damn nice !! & ! :cheers:[/glow]

[color=555555]T[/color][color=2E3136]T[/color][color=555555]Y[/color][color=2E3136]Y[/color][color=555555]L[/color][color=2E3136]L[/color][color=555555]E[/color][color=2E3136]E[/color][color=555555]R[/color][color=2E3136]R[/color]

Looks great, but I'll say it before Junk does: "You shoulda spent that $$ on a lift and some bigger tires." :slap: Seriously though, a nice clean looking job.

Hmmm, how much did it cost? I have a '99 100 and the faded stripe in the middle of the moulding has bugged me for quite a while.

Thanks for the complements. Yeah the photos do suck. Unfortunately my neighbors truck was in the way so I couldn't get a good angle (we share the driveway).

I do have some money left for a lift and new tires and those will happen soon. The problem with the lift however is I'm waiting on Slee to get their semi bolt-on caster correction out. I want to run J springs with BFG AT 295/75/16's but don't want to do it till I can lift it with the castor being stock.

98LXand99LC it cost me around $355 ::)

It might be similar for the 100, not sure. One thing I do know is it will not be fun to get the old moulding off. It can be done but that 3m adhesive is an exercise in patience.

[glow=black,2,2]Geeze , tell him to park in the centre of your circle ... ::) .

*confused* -- so $355 for that moulding on your '97 ???[/glow]

[color=555555]T[/color][color=2E3136]T[/color][color=555555]Y[/color][color=2E3136]Y[/color][color=555555]L[/color][color=2E3136]L[/color][color=555555]E[/color][color=2E3136]E[/color][color=555555]R[/color][color=2E3136]R[/color]

A 100 series moulding set would wholesale for about 600 dollars. List is about 760 dollars.

[glow=black,2,2]WTF ??????? You see ? That is something I just can't wrap my head around Dan ..... what makes the product itself so expensive ?

Sorry ...... frankly dissappointed . Then again is the 80 series moulding just as precious ? Am I mixes apples and Royal Gala's ?[/glow]

Holy crap, I though the 80 series moulding was expensive bad.

TYLER yeah that much $$$. As for parking, I have already have some tension about that with the neighbor :mad:

>>Then again is the 80 series moulding just as precious ?

Well it does say "FOUR WHEEL DRIVE" on it. That's worth about, ohh $60 :p

For those of you that remove these mouldings they make a product called an eraser wheel. available at most piant or auto supply houses. it is basically some kind of cork imitation and will remove decals and such with ease. mounts in a standard die grinder and will make short work of removing the gummy s***e left over and will not damage the paint.
Dave

Yes, I dig those mouldings. I have seen them on only a couple 93-94 Cruisers. Were they an option on U.S. cruisers? I'd get a set too if I didn't have the ugly LX450 cladding :(

I'm not sure what kind of option they where. I know CDan can clarify this. I forgot what he told me. :-\

The mouldings Darwood has were not factory installed on North American 80's. They are JDM OEM. The 40th and the Collector have OEM mouldings. They are very similar to the above mouldings. They are a slightly different shade of grey and the front doors are plain (do not say "FOUR WHEEL DRIVE").

D-

Quiet Rick :mad:

Don't mess me up here. :rolleyes:

Ahh Rick, you see I'm not done yet. Wait a couple weeks... I should have some function for you then, and after Slee releases their caster bracket we'll have more fun. ;)

Truthfully the side moulding has been my only non functional mod... heck even the little console carpet square has a function; keeps things from rattling around. (yes I also bought one of those)

>> Truthfully the side moulding has been my only non functional mod <<

Uhhhh Derek. Are you forgetting the replacement steering wheel? We're not gonna let you off that easy. :D

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom