official whose broken what on 37's thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
in response to the official 37" tire thread, i was curious to hear how things are holding up with the added mass? So if you are on bigger tires what have you broken and how? Also did you upgrade whatever you broke and with what.

I was thinking of going with q78 sized swampers which are 35.5 x10.5. but may go 37's if..
peyton

As far as I know, nobody's busted diffs or anything like that...

Friend of mine's FJCruiser blew a diff on 35s though.

im running 37 s wranglers, have no issues, running 5.29s, didnt like it with stock 4.10s to doggy in the mountains where i live

Busted 3 birfs, one front ring & pinion, and a rear axle shaft.

Still running stock axles but upgraded ring & pinions to 5.29's.

nothing broken yet...then again i'm not very hard on the skinny pedal...

I taco'd my relay rod on my first run with 37's. Replacing right now with a Budbuilt relay rod and while at it, the tie rod as well.

BudBuilt - Tierods & Draglinks
2011-06-27_19-32-33_432.jpg

Ive wheeled mine 3 times since I put the 37's on and haven't broke anything yet. I can tell you one thing that going from 35's to 37's was night and day on the trail. With the 37's it was so much easier.

Broke another birf over the weekend.

Ive wheeled mine 3 times since I put the 37's on and haven't broke anything yet. I can tell you one thing that going from 35's to 37's was night and day on the trail. With the 37's it was so much easier.

No breakage. I would much rather wheel with 37's than 35's - you use a lot less throttle, and throttle is where you bust stuff.

The typical 37" tire is only 2-3 lbs heavier than the same tire in a 35, but as noted, the difference in trail performance is huge.

1 Birf - think it might have been previously damanged as it was out of a bent axle

1 Relay Rod - just did that a week ago - just bound the whole truck up and guess that's what decided to go.

As far as actual items that the 37s would stress more, non but I have gotten braver since I got them and try the harder spots. I bent a lca, and crushed in gas tank skid and muffler. Bent sliders a bit also. None of these are because of the tires though. I do notice certain spots on the cruiser drag a lot less (rear end) and you do have more ground clearance which lets things like rocks and stumps go unnoticed more now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom