Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@BRIND Just got back from making a parts run down to SC. Mine is off a late model year ‘85. I know ‘85 was generally the crossover year for a lot of things. I’ll take a look in the morning and see if I can figure out from your post. Honestly though, yours looks a heck of a lot better than mine! I was going to rebuild it as well until I came across another one.

Feelers / advice post ahead, beware.

Seriously considering pulling my 2FE / H55F combo and putting it up for sale. I have the itch for a hotrod, but can't have yet another project car. So I'm considering dropping a LS into Dozer to get a bit of rumble and still keep my LC habit satisfied.

The motor was fully rebuilt a few years ago and has a couple thousand miles on it (I'll update this with actual mileage).
Block was bored and head shaved, so it's pretty high compression and requires premium fuel. Can be detuned for regular, but takes the power down considerably.
Rotating assembly was fully balanced at the machine shop. New pistons, rings, bearings. Fuel injectors were sent for service.
Delta 250s cam. New lifters.
Running aftermarket ECU I built and tuned from scratch. Megasquirt MS2. All wiring, including MSD ignition, fuel pump, sensors etc would be included. This ECU is capable of boost control and multiple spark tables (was going to be my long term plan).

I have the tune about 95% dialed in. Takes more spins to crank than I like, which I'm working through as colder weather is coming. Also has hesitation on throttle up without load (not when actually accelerating, just when sitting still at idle and blip the throttle). That can be tuned out as well, but I've not spent enough time trying yet.

I can tell you she will spin up to 5K with ease, and runs a lot stronger than your typical 2F or 3FE. Dyno'd at 145RWHP and over 200ft/lbs from 1500 through the RPM range in 3rd gear (dyno guy didn't trust my tires at top speed, so wouldn't dyno it in 4th). I'm guessing it's north of 175BHP.

2 oil leaks need to be addressed. One is the rear main I'm pretty sure, and the other is the crank pulley. Pulley needs a speedi-sleeve for sure, since I tore it all down and very carefully installed a new OEM main pulley seal and it still leaks a tad. Only a few drops after sitting and not enough to need oil fills. New owner could easily address while the engine was out.

H55F has a little glitch going into second until warmed up, then smooth. No other issues with the motor / tranny I'm aware of.

What would you guys think would be a fair asking price? And is there anyone even remotely interested that wants to chat about it?

:beer: Ramon

Update:

I've decided to keep the H55F to run with the LS, after some research. Still trying to figure out a fair price for this motor. Some video evidence of her "health" - 4 videos in this playlist.... a few acceleration runs and merging into 70+ MPH highway traffic.

Just posted these on Facebook. I'll drop the price to $60 for any local Mudders.

I used these to mount a RTT on my FJ60, which kept it really low profile and close to the roof. Probably fits other models with rain gutters too. Mount your tent, rack or roof basket. Set of four with new hardware. Powdercoated white.

124828602_10221302669849172_8875722936768492441_o.jpg

125407092_10221302670409186_9033091250683086229_o.jpg

Just posted these on Facebook. I'll drop the price to $60 for any local Mudders.

I used these to mount a RTT on my FJ60, which kept it really low profile and close to the roof. Probably fits other models with rain gutters too. Mount your tent, rack or roof basket. Set of four with new hardware. Powdercoated white.

I can use them if a FB buyer hasn’t spoken for them already.

Don't rule out the 6.0 either. I have an LQ9 and I'm very happy with it. There is a basic LS formula that most guys follow when building these and you can't go wrong.

243 or 799 heads to bump the compression
Melling oil pump
BTR Stage 2 cam kit
Valve springs
Trunion upgrade
HD timing chain kit
BTR gasket set
LS7 GM Performance lifters
2200-2400 stall convertor

I got that info from a local tuner and my research at the time confirmed this parts list.

Been doing some shopping and this is likely the route I'll be going. Won't be swapping heads, because who needs over 500hp in a 40-series on leaf springs? Have a line on a motor in Moyok (yay, long drive) for a pretty good price. Dude's going to pull heads and send me pics. Half the fun of the project will be rebuilding my first LS (second motor ever). I'm a junkie for all the MotorTrend shows and such involving engine building, so I'm looking forward to it. No deadline, so it should be a lot of fun since I won't tear down my 40 until I have everything I (think I) need on hand and ready to go.

I'm having a senior moment. I traded IMs with someone in the Wilmington area about rear shocks for a 100 series and cannot find any of the communication history.

I'd like to resume the conversation. Please no laughing or derogatory remarks, I feel bad enough as it is.:bang:

EDIT: it's now $250. Someone please buy this. I may need to borrow it in the future!

Here's a deal for someone; I wish I needed it.
O scope
This has been on CL for months. Originally listed @ $500, which was a good price then. IMHO

Last edited:
4 brand new, still have stickers on them
BFG KM3 33 X 10.5 15
$900.00

PM me if interested

tire-mud-terrain-ta-km3.png

Anyone need some OME 2850’s? Only had them on for a few thousand miles before I went to J springs to handle the weight of my bumper/winch. $100
0C9C8BDE-7658-48D1-B6AD-CCB00917EEA0.jpeg

SOLD - SPOD source 6 circuit, brand new - no longer have the box - $275. Sheet of stickers also.

spodinternals.png

spod wiring.png

spodwiring.png

spodswitches.png

spodswitches2.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom