Official LX570s Picture Thread (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, recently learned that TKO has a "standard profile" as opposed to "high and tight" which sticks out further and can be purchased with a kickout and dimpled filler plate. Talked to Matt on the phone. Another good option for the LX crowd!

IMG_5714(1).JPG
Screenshot_20220615-163014_Instagram.jpg

Yeah I already decided on the TKO sliders. Don’t have time to travel to them yet for install.
They’re relatively easy to install. you can do the install with a pivot/wobble head ratcheting wrench only, though an electric ratcheting wrench and wobble extensions may speed things up.

For the price they charge for them to do it, if it was closer, I would have had them install them.

Cutting the plastic can be done with a box cutter/utility knife.

If you do it yourself, run a thread cleaner into the mounting holes on your frame…and across the threads of the bolts…the bolts on our vehicles oxidize and then are difficult to rethread into the holes at times. Cleaning the threads makes it much easier.

I love this but it doesn't seem compatible with the adaptive cruise radar built into the Lexus badge, if you have that optioned.
So this grill is a no-go for those with radar cruise? Been looking for a black grill and like this for my 2013, but can't live without my radar cruise.

They’re relatively easy to install (you can basically do the install with a pivot head ratcheting wrench), but, for the price they charge for them to do it, if it was closer, I would have had them install them.

They’re relatively easy to install. you can do the install with a pivot/wobble head ratcheting wrench only, though an electric ratcheting wrench and wobble extensions may speed things up.

For the price they charge for them to do it, if it was closer, I would have had them install them.

If you do it yourself, run a thread cleaner into the mounting holes on your frame…and across the threads of the bolts…the bolts on our vehicles oxidize and then are difficult to rethread into the holes at times. Cleaning the threads makes it much easier.
I’m going to have them do the install and avoid having to pay for shipping.

We planned to take Geology Tour Rd from the north to Berdoo Canyon Rd, but surprisingly, Geology Tour was closed due to flooding. We were bummed but it was early and we thought we would head to do Berdoo Canyon from the south side. We stopped at the Cottonwood station and we saw that Pinkham Canyon Rd was open, so we decided to do that instead. That turned out to be a fantastic trail. Nothing difficult, but just a great drive through a remote part of the park with some excellent scenery. We came out via Thermal Canyon which is another excellent little trail.

2222C436-B319-4874-928B-BF9F721E752C.jpeg
53B011C6-BE42-4D72-8381-D613B9963137.jpeg
32DFD95A-AC59-471E-AD1C-DC9730B0FA7F.jpeg

A great view of the east side of the park

D434BD63-EEC6-4CC8-9BED-947226FB2DB9.jpeg

After JTNP, we made our way east to Sedona. Many trails were closed but a couple around town were open, including Broken Arrow and Vultee (up to Devil’s Bridge trailhead). The weather was amazing and the crowds were out in force, hikers and pink jeeps, but man is the scenery amazing. It almost makes it worth it.

91208D52-0D7E-4A45-8846-327E66F53552.jpeg
B613AE80-C303-4502-88D2-AECDA0885E1E.jpeg
19FE0F08-1127-4597-BA04-1189F4E9DC6E.jpeg

1680212738682.png

1680212807000.png

I love this but it doesn't seem compatible with the adaptive cruise radar built into the Lexus badge, if you have that optioned.
I don’t, however after speaking to the manufacturer they’re going to be making another style that keeps the factory L with the radar components.

I don’t, however after speaking to the manufacturer they’re going to be making another style that keeps the factory L with the radar components.
Now I’m definitely interested. How’s the quality on yours? Doesn’t seem like it’ll fade or crack after some time in the sun?

A few more from our trip - South Rim:

8A2C2B25-A97F-4221-8D39-4E2A98939229.jpeg

FS 144 is a nice alternative route from GCNP to Flagstaff with amazing views of the San Francisco peaks:

9EAD6556-9CDD-436C-8976-95E411D2A3AE.jpeg

We finished the trip with a couple of days in Mojave NP on the Mojave Road.

Mid Hills Campground:

AA92F219-9891-429B-B0A2-A87A988BB4A1.jpeg

Enjoying the whoops. Really great scenery in this section with Kelso Dunes about 20 miles away in the foreground and the snow capped San Bernardino Mountains off in the distance:

345FD141-26D9-44C4-AB00-4332BB9B210D.jpeg

295/70/18 not as easy to fit as the internet said...but it looks great. Tundra TRD wheels with 1.25" spacers. Trimmed some plastic, heat gun to the fender well liner and then shifted all the plastic on the front lower area forward. Only a little rubbing on the side step plastic piece (just needs more trimming). I also got the spare in with about 2mm clear of the panhard bar.
IMG_1151.jpg
IMG_1163.jpg

295/70/18 not as easy to fit as the internet said...but it looks great. Tundra TRD wheels with 1.25" spacers. Trimmed some plastic, heat gun to the fender well liner and then shifted all the plastic on the front lower area forward. Only a little rubbing on the side step plastic piece (just needs more trimming). I also got the spare in with about 2mm clear of the panhard bar.
View attachment 3289549View attachment 3289544

Thar all sounds pretty easy to me 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom