Official LX570s Picture Thread (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just my 2 cents, I don't think the 200 platform has any disadvantage on a trail like Rubicon over a 100 series, it just so happened that the 200's were not as ready for the trail I think. The trail caught us all by surprise and it's difficult in a full size wagon IMO(depending on tire size). The LX570 was suppose to get a body mount chop and 35's but the place fell through so he ran it on 32's. Had the LX570 had 35's and front and rear locker he would have walked the trail IMO(my LX470 made the trail with zero tugs, winch or pulls). The 200 series with us was doing good until the rear axle broke, at that point it became very difficult as he worked his way through the trail. I think a well equipped 200 with front and rear lockers and 35's could do Rubicon, it's a hard trail and body damage is likely but there is nothing about the platform itself IMO that would cause it to not be a great choice for the trail. I think as the cost of these rigs go down you will see more and more tackle the trail in their 200's. My 100 is all setup for Rubicon with lockers, full skids and body damage, so that will be my weapon of choice this year, down the road as my 200 gets more built I'm sure I will run the Rubicon in it. And to be fair the 80's had damage and stuff break as well, it's a bit of a grueling trail.... Just my take man, so proly no 200's this year but stay tuned 🥴

so you’re headed back in on the Rubicon this year in your 100? What time frame?

so you’re headed back in on the Rubicon this year in your 100? What time frame?
Yep, we have 80’s and 100’s rolling this year, plan is to start the trail mid August, maybe August 18th or 19th ish. Shoot me a pm if you’re interested in joining the gang!

It is pretty cool and I like the front bumper mod, but to be honest, I think there are a couple in this thread that might stake a claim for coolest LX, but for my money, this is actually the coolest:

And frankly, I’m surprised that the new owner hasn’t posted up in here

@linktothefuture

Well thanks for making me feel good about being in the running for coolest LX. :) Sorry, life’s been busy recently, but I’ll be sure to post some pics back in this thread once I get some more adventures with it!

D01B84B0-6809-4884-86E1-15996C91C952.jpeg

👋 Colorado

Camping and road trips. All summer long.

It's half embarrassing going "camping" with friends and showing up with this much rig. It's usually: 1) how much does the trailer weigh 2) can the Lexus handle that, my ____ probably can't 3) oh, it's a Land Cruiser 4) petitions spouse for a camper. All while my kids are coveting their mini-vans with magic sliding doors.

1624583048963.png

Last edited:
Camping and road trips. All summer long.

It's half embarrassing going "camping" with friends and showing up with this much rig. It's usually: 1) how much does the trailer weigh 2) can the Lexus handle that, my ____ probably can't 3) oh, it's a Land Cruiser 4) petitions spouse for a camper. All while my kids are coveting their mini-vans with magic sliding doors.

View attachment 2713249
I see y’all ride a tandem bike. My wife and I looked at those a few years ago but were told we hadn’t been married long enough. We were told that they are as risky as having your spouse direct you while backing up a trailer… looks like y’all like to live dangerously.

I see y’all ride a tandem bike. My wife and I looked at those a few years ago but were told we hadn’t been married long enough. We were told that they are as risky as having your spouse direct you while backing up a trailer… looks like y’all like to live dangerously.
I saw that tandem bike and thought - That's a brave and/or crazy man.
I will love my wife forever, but I see absolutely no way for me/my marriage to survive that scenario unscathed. :p

I saw that tandem bike and thought - That's a brave and/or crazy man.
I will love my wife forever, but I see absolutely no way for me/my marriage to survive that scenario unscathed. :p

LOL. It's all so true!

We've worked a few things out...sorta.

We were told that they are as risky as having your spouse direct you while backing up a trailer…
I've made that mistake once or twice. Now I just get out of the car and look myself!

I haven’t gotten out to any trails yet so a gas station photo will have to do…

AA8383A9-6AA6-4B29-8980-971D4646742C.jpeg

Last edited:
Air bags inflated in this pic or AHC only?

Yes, running 18psi in the bags to help with the 2000lb payload. AHC doesn't seem to care and will hold normal height fine without, but want to help it out.

And she poses pretty well in High…

6A63759A-4583-4F7A-A810-86D0D11ACF62.jpeg

p.s. I am looking for the driver’s side front AHC hydraulic line. From the shock to that banjo bolt under the driver’s door if anyone has one. Doesn’t even have to be usable, I would like it for measuring.

Last edited:
And she poses pretty well in High…

p.s. I am looking for the driver’s side front AHC hydraulic line. From the shock to that banjo bolt under the driver’s door if anyone has one. Doesn’t even have to be usable, I would like it for measuring.

Holy Moses man, that looks great! How does it handle and ride?

Holy Moses man, that looks great! How does it handle and ride?
Thanks man! Tiny (that’s what I facetiously named her) drives well with a recent alignment. The larger tires are actually more comfortable. The RCTIP is only 25psi. There are some expected negatives like the fact that I haven’t re-geared yet and the M/T have a drone. Sway, braking and steering are noticeably affected. All things I can live with. The noise from the tires isn’t like large bias ply tires but certainly more noticeable than the A/T coopers. Again, expected. The worst thing to me is the “check TPMS” warning since I have these Apex valves in these wheels. I don’t like leaving warning lights on my dash. Not sure what the best way to eliminate that problem is.

Thanks man! Tiny (that’s what I facetiously named her) drives well with a recent alignment. The larger tires are actually more comfortable. The RCTIP is only 25psi. There are some expected negatives like the fact that I haven’t re-geared yet and the M/T have a drone. Sway, braking and steering are noticeably affected. All things I can live with. The noise from the tires isn’t like large bias ply tires but certainly more noticeable than the A/T coopers. Again, expected. The worst thing to me is the “check TPMS” warning since I have these Apex valves in these wheels. I don’t like leaving warning lights on my dash. Not sure what the best way to eliminate that problem is.
Just get some strap in TPMS sensors and strap them to the wheels, or put them in some small capped pressurized PVC tubes and hide them around the vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom