Official LX570s Picture Thread (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had the cargo carpet already out to dry, went a step further to totally remove the PO's child hauling legacy. Found a ratcheting 15mm wrench underneath among other trash.
PXL_20210601_041917282.jpg
PXL_20210601_034327717.jpg

I may name her Tiny but open to other suggestions 🤔
A1210026-CC02-4A2A-AD40-0153B1540108.jpeg

Just trimmed one side for now...
AD81F327-7A04-4B38-961A-123E549ECFC0.jpeg

Likely unnecessary for the 37” but necessary for the 40”. And really nothing new. I just followed @Prime but took it a little further, 2” off the top tapered to 2.5” along the back edge. And I used the white edge cover instead of black.
CF67FA18-F44A-42EE-B21C-26A54A42F29E.jpeg

That is AHC Normal

Last edited:
Curiosity got the better of me and I ran over to storage to see how much room there was above the 40” after the cut.
41D79CE7-DE34-471D-A48A-BE9F13EE179E.jpeg

That is AHC low.

must have more body lift? - maybe another 1"?

sorry, when I first read that, I thought you were recommending another 1”. No, just the same 1 3/4” body lift at the front tapered to 1 1/4” at the rear. Nothing additional except the fender cutting from the post above.

I’m definitely not hardcore, but I am aspiring.

Tell us more - ride change, ability to go in low, ability to go in high. What changed?

Yeah, all good questions. Here are my initial observations from the first 15 miles:

- Change from N to H is much, much faster
- Ride is great - not much change overall, but it didn't negatively affect it either
- The auto height works fine. It drops down like normal around 65mph
- Currently, going into Lo seems to be an issue. There are anecdotal examples where this has been an issue on 100s as well when using uprated springs. We'll see how this plays out.
- Oddly (or maybe not), the differences between Sport/Normal/Comfort seemed more profound. I have always been bale to tell a difference, but it was subtle. It feels like changing to Comfort immediately results in much squishier handling. This may have more to do with the sensor adjustment than the springs though.

I couldn't tell a difference going between the comfort settings on my AHC until I replaced the 4 accumulators on my 11 LX with the $599 eBay set from Japan and then it was a significant difference

I've got them sitting, ready to install this weekend!

I say it’s still mostly stock as long as I reuse the factory body mount…

59C103D8-A10E-46D1-AE89-4F853802D163.jpeg

Last edited:
^Pushing the art of big tires on the 200-series. Love it.

Are you having to relocate it outright? Tacoma's seems to have aftermarket options for revised body mounts. Though looks like you've got this one well under control.

I'm half imagining you doing a chassis extension soon. @MTKID knows no bounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom