Events/Trails OFFICIAL LCDC 10 Thread (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got a reservation at Abram Inn where I usually stay, but also a KOA reservation for LCDC because thats where I'm staying for SAS. Will likely give up my Abram Inn Reservation in the next week or two as the rest of my plans come together. @ThatKOAGuy at... KOA in Ouray recently joined Mud and has been coordinating with the SAS folks for a Group Rate that was a pretty good savings. Not sure how many people from LCDC are staying at KOA but we should pull together and do the same. I was meaning to post up about it when he called me about SAS a couple weeks ago. Great guy and is even coordinating availability for SAS next year and planning to allow folks to arrange their SAS plans for next year at check-in this year. Really cool coordination going there.

Have you camped there before? If not start bear proofing everything. Black Bears frequent that area.
Yep this is our 3rd time. Haven’t seen bears but we have a trailer and are used to camping in bear country in the Rockies

For anyone thinking of camping, there are 6 sites at Amphitheater which open at 8:00 MST tomorrow… and will all be gone by 8:00:01.

I've got a reservation at Abram Inn where I usually stay, but also a KOA reservation for LCDC because thats where I'm staying for SAS. Will likely give up my Abram Inn Reservation in the next week or two as the rest of my plans come together. @ThatKOAGuy at... KOA in Ouray recently joined Mud and has been coordinating with the SAS folks for a Group Rate that was a pretty good savings. Not sure how many people from LCDC are staying at KOA but we should pull together and do the same. I was meaning to post up about it when he called me about SAS a couple weeks ago. Great guy and is even coordinating availability for SAS next year and planning to allow folks to arrange their SAS plans for next year at check-in this year. Really cool coordination going there.
What's SAS?

What's SAS?
The Solid Axle Summit

@ThatKOAGuy I'd be down for getting a group of us for Koa. Planning to pull up my tent trailer.

Going to
For anyone thinking of camping, there are 6 sites at Amphitheater which open at 8:00 MST tomorrow… and will all be gone by 8:00:01.
I was able to reserve 17. You were right, they go fast!

For those looking for spots in amphitheater campground, this video was very helpful:

For those looking for spots in amphitheater campground, this video was very helpful:

Looks like all is left is fcfs and front end &back end of LCDC dates.

If you guys have a group leader that woul
@ThatKOAGuy I'd be down for getting a group of us for Koa. Planning to pull up my tent trailer.
If you guys have a group leader or "herder of cats" that would like to give me a call I can see what I can do for you.

This might be hard to get done this year but even if this year doesn't work out see me about the 2025 season before you plan your trips.

Please give me a call or send an email. Both are in my signature below.

I can create group reservations with 10 or more sites. All of the sites can be locked in next to one another.

If we get 25+ sites booked each reservation would save 15% off, with a KOA rewards card that is 10% off you would save a total of 25% for each reservation.

If you guys have a group leader that woul

If you guys have a group leader or "herder of cats" that would like to give me a call I can see what I can do for you.

This might be hard to get done this year but even if this year doesn't work out see me about the 2025 season before you plan your trips.

Please give me a call or send an email. Both are in my signature below.

I can create group reservations with 10 or more sites. All of the sites can be locked in next to one another.

If we get 25+ sites booked each reservation would save 15% off, with a KOA rewards card that is 10% off you would save a total of 25% for each reservation.

Thanks @ThatKOAGuy, registration hasn't opened for the LCDC event so most folks at this point are just making arrangements in hopes that they get a spot in the event. It will probably be a while before we would have an accurate count for the KOA. My plans may change still as well. I just wanted folks to know that the KOA is friendly to our kind of crowd and that there may be opportunities for some saving if the folks who are planning to stay there can come together for a count. This event tends to move around every year, so it might be hard to plan for 2025 at this point. Thank you for supporting our community.

Thanks @ThatKOAGuy, registration hasn't opened for the LCDC event so most folks at this point are just making arrangements in hopes that they get a spot in the event. It will probably be a while before we would have an accurate count for the KOA. My plans may change still as well. I just wanted folks to know that the KOA is friendly to our kind of crowd and that there may be opportunities for some saving if the folks who are planning to stay there can come together for a count. This event tends to move around every year, so it might be hard to plan for 2025 at this point. Thank you for supporting our community.
Absolutely! When I'm not working I'm up on the trails. I have a deep love for these mountains and enjoy that others get to come enjoy them as well.

I might just be driving a lowly Jeep but I still get out there and have fun. :p

Last edited:
Of course we’re in! Anyone else from Utah that wants to caravan? Id be down for that!
I'm down to caravan from Utah if all goes well on my end. @FULL T1ME
Wonder when registration will open. I haven’t been able to get in one yet so hard to book something in advance.
@codyaustin5 are we any closer to having a rough idea when registration might open? And maybe how many rigs? Originally I remember you were thinking you could greatly increase the usual count. IIRC, you guys thinking 100 or more. Has that changed?

@codyaustin5 are we any closer to having a rough idea when registration might open? And maybe how many rigs? Originally I remember you were thinking you could greatly increase the usual count. IIRC, you guys thinking 100 or more. Has that changed?
I think we are planning to leave Monday morning from SLC, so just let me know.

We are getting close to registration. We are finalizing permits and that will dictate how many 200s we can have this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom