Official Keystone RC thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

K
How hot do your chargers get. With all the warnings about the lipo batteries I think the real risk is my charger. It' almost too hot to touch after 30 min. Smells hot too.

I have a Venom charger and use 2S batteries. My charger has a built in fan, so it doesn’t really get hot.

I always place my btteries in a charging bag. Something like this.

4A4BD2E4-CA2F-4903-BB84-FA31742F18FF.jpeg

However, I’m not real confident it would contain an exploding battery. They also make hard shell cases, but I’ve seen where people modify your standard army ammo can.

tires? Do they attach the same as on your scx10?

Tires are 4 1/2” by 1 3/4”. Bolt right up to an SCX10.

What charger do you have? Something is probably wrong with your charger.

If you are using Lipo's 2x on getting Lipo bag and or an ammo can.

I use an IMAX with 3S my charger has a fan and does not get hot.

Pacer that is a Broken link. Didn't work for me.

I'm looking to get an RC crawler... I am considering the Axial Bomber or the SCX10 Honcho where I can add the hilux cab. Knowing that I have a tendency to get ahead of myself I need to start simple, but tough and upgradable.
I initially want a sort of "do-all" truck that I can just take out and where ever, and the bomber seems to fit that bill with the option to upgrade to a 2 spd transmission.

Anyone have any advice or other options for RC models to consider?

What charger do you have? Something is probably wrong with your charger.

If you are using Lipo's 2x on getting Lipo bag and or an ammo can.

I use an IMAX with 3S my charger has a fan and does not get hot.
It' a IMX MX4 ac/DC charger and a 3s lipo

I'm looking to get an RC crawler... I am considering the Axial Bomber or the SCX10 Honcho where I can add the hilux cab. Knowing that I have a tendency to get ahead of myself I need to start simple, but tough and upgradable.
I initially want a sort of "do-all" truck that I can just take out and where ever, and the bomber seems to fit that bill with the option to upgrade to a 2 spd transmission.

I really was impressed with @Pacer 's Traxxas trx4 at cmcc last summer. That' what I bought. 2 speed tranny and selectable lockers. It even has portal axles and waterproof right out of the box.

Stop!
As I mentioned to @Crusha just before Santa showed up last year, look at the scx10 II (2). It is vastly improved version of the Honcho.

I have a totally worn out rc4wd TrailFinder II, that was fun, but outdated now.
Then I oppted for the Traxxis TRX4 as @jamarquardt22 mentioned.
I really am super happy with the TRX4!

or........ this monster will be hitting the market soon:
Pre-order Available for 1/8 Founder Jeep

The problem I always had with the 1/10 stuff (altho super cool and fun) there is not the accessories. Different bodies, tires, scale parts...

Stop!
As I mentioned to @Crusha just before Santa showed up last year, look at the scx10 II (2). It is vastly improved version of the Honcho.

I have a totally worn out rc4wd TrailFinder II, that was fun, but outdated now.
Then I oppted for the Traxxis TRX4 as @jamarquardt22 mentioned.
I really am super happy with the TRX4!

or........ this monster will be hitting the market soon:
Pre-order Available for 1/8 Founder Jeep

Hmmm, I really like that Traxxas TRX4! I will have to put a hilux body on it, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom