Official Keystone RC thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caz

Keystone Cruisers
Threads
Ok, I'll admit that I like to play with toys! I know there are a few of you out there and I'm calling you out

Need some advice on tires for my crawler. I ripped a sidewall on one of my current tires and they are no longer available.

Not really looking to spend $60 for a set and looking for recommendations.

On another note -just bought one of these a few weeks ago - straight outta China and all aluminum! Pretty nice, but already broke an axle....

20171122_195239.jpg

Last edited:
There are some tires out there for under $60 a set but I don't know how good they are.

Looking for something a little more scale looking than my current ones that performs well on rocks.

My current tires were "Hot Bodies Rover Crawlers"

I have a set of stock 1.9's off of my TRX4 that you can have, complete with wheels. They're glued on from the factory, but you can boil them to loosen the adhesive if you want to use a different rim.

s-l1600.jpg

I bet the treads that work well are the same as the ones in real life. Idk. Look for some sticky comp grade tires. Is there such a thing for 1/10th scale?

Ill see your alum axle and raise an alum swashplate and rotorhead with flapping hinges.

View attachment 1591494

Drooool. I always wanted to learn how to fly an RC copter.

My wife bought me a basic entry level one about ten years ago for christmas. I was so excited, I took it out into the back yard, and promptly flew it up unto a giant Poplar tree. I broke whatever part it was that stabilized it. I forget what that part was, but I could not easily find a replacement. :frown:

I bet the treads that work well are the same as the ones in real life. Idk. Look for some sticky comp grade tires. Is there such a thing for 1/10th scale?

Yes there are difrent compounds for 1/10 just like full scale. I can't remember how they Weight them.

flying is easy. the esc and gyro on modern birds controls yaw and the collective based on a pre-programed throttle curve.
the hard part is getting/keeping the blades tracked.

You guys are killing me. I want one of these but i need another expensive hobby like a hole in the head.

Go with a Everest 10 or a HPI Blitz. They are cheap. You do get what you pay for. But modifying them is half the fun. And it's not like you are going to use/ play with it everyday. I love my Everest10 and I don't feel bad moding it or Bashing it. And Axial parts fit it.

How hot do your chargers get. With all the warnings about the lipo batteries I think the real risk is my charger. It' almost too hot to touch after 30 min. Smells hot too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom