Official color code thread (need pics) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
I know there are lots of websites that have color code info but none of them seem to be complete. The one on Birfield is close but no pics of the rigs. The one on CCOT has pics but isn't complete.

Post up pics of near stock/factory looking Cruisers in each example. Razor has some great examples I know. We need FJ25s, FJ40s, all the FJ45s, FJ55s, anf FJ60s. There is a great thread on the 80s, 100s already.

http://www.off-road.com/tlc/faq/colour.html
http://store.yahoo.com/coolfj40/colorcodes.html
http://www.birfield.com/modules.php?name=TLCFAQ&p=/~ramullen/FAQ/TEXT/13-00.html

I'll arrange them and post it on my website.

Example would be FJ40 - Dune Beige - Code 416, '71-'80 (so we need a stock pic of a dune beige FJ40 in that year range).

Last edited:
You forgot the color library...
http://autocolorlibrary.com/acl_files/Toyota.html

I can't tell if I have colorado beige, volcanic beige or white...:rolleyes:

I'm leaning to CO beige...
color_shot.JPG

Last edited:
treerootCO said:
Example would be FJ40 - Dune Beige - Code 416, '71-'80 (so we need a stock pic of a dune beige FJ40 in that year range).

Does this qualify?

17May03-48.jpg

20050424-S-03.jpg

Last edited:
mustard '77....

20041114-30.jpg

1982 FJ40, White. Toyota Color Code: 033

WhtMtn1.jpg

Ed:cool:

Rustic Green, Code 621 198

1980 FJ-40 Toyota Color Code 621 Rustic Green
side3.jpg

82 fj40, Green(aka John Deere Green) 681, this was 81-2 only I beleive
111024839.jpg

82 FJ40 in Yellow(aka Mustard Yellow) 532
28497585.jpg

65 FJ40, Horizon/Horizontal Blue, forget the code
18365899.jpg

colors codes for 82 Land Cruisers
27210477.jpg

colors/codes for 69 Fj40
38650478.jpg

38650469.jpg

colors/codes for 69 Fj55
38650438.jpg

38650453.jpg

LandPimp, what size tires do you have on the Yellow Cruiser and Green Cruiser? Those are two awesome machines. Do you have additional pics anywhere?

The 1959/60 FJ25 green color that it seems so many were painted is an exact match by eye to Dupont GS380. Once I have some paint laid down, I'll post up some pics. Rims should be done in a week or so.

Mike have you found a match for the FJ25 grey yet? John how about posting the literature for the 1960 FJ25 you got everything else:rolleyes: You surely have at least one, you have everything else:) Those a some nice cruisers you got there by the way. The picture don't do them justice, they look better in person if you can believe that or and switch the bezel on the 65:grinpimp:

John

Speaking of which on the 64-67 color chart does anyone know which colors where used for cruisers? it can only be a handful....

yup, I have some 25 lit, as well as a few 25 parts books :) I'll see what I can dig up.

bezel has been switched......its now on my tree stump. But my "upside down" bezel was installed like that at the plant when new...........its uber rare :D

Living in the Past said:
Mike have you found a match for the FJ25 grey yet? John how about posting the literature for the 1960 FJ25 you got everything else:rolleyes: You surely have at least one, you have everything else:) Those a some nice cruisers you got there by the way. The picture don't do them justice, they look better in person if you can believe that or and switch the bezel on the 65:grinpimp:

John

I don't remember seeing any sixties FJ40s in grey but maybe the FJ45LVs since they were made in a different?

Quote: Landpimp bezel has been switched......its now on my tree stump. But my "upside down" bezel was installed like that at the plant when new...........its uber rare

I forget John, was that the Friday afternoon or the Monday morning model.:rolleyes:

John

Coronado Beige '68 T451

Repainted. Picked out color from a samples of PPG, Dupont, and S. Williams mixes. The "color cast" of the paints were extreamly close with a slight variation on on darkness. Settled on the mix from Dupont.

Also note that the color chips that the paint dealers carried were from old color charts and their color changes over time (especially when painted on acid paper). You can see this from the scanned pages from autocolorlibrary.com.

I'll take a better picture and post up later.

coronado_beige.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom