Official 40" and Up Picture Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No. I am about 1 1/4" forward of stock, running a factory driveshaft and factory panhard rod for that matter with my longarm setup.
"Longarm"

"Longarm"

Still running radius arms, but they aren't factory. Just making the point that you don't need to extend the driveshaft, or even change the panhard to get out of the firewall.

People over complicate this stuff.

Last edited:
Still running radius arms, but they aren't factory. Just making the point that you don't need to extend the driveshaft, or even change the panhard to get out of the firewall.

People over complicate this stuff.
Did you have to move thec AC dryer to move the axle up? Seems like that’s the next thing to hit if I go foreword

Did you have to move thec AC dryer to move the axle up? Seems like that’s the next thing to hit if I go foreword

I had already moved it to get it out of the rocks.

Kevin needs a build thread
99A45368-6951-4677-8EE3-1E54BC8C3B28.jpeg

@Kevin8086 Thats it?! Gonna run an open header?o_O

I thought this thread was for pictures of big tires? @Kevin8086 ;)

It's nice to see reports of what it really takes to step up to 40's and above.

Couple more. Here’s what I’ve learned
1” bump extension up front
3.5”-4” bump extension In rear. This will stop the tire perfectly and will only slightly rub the fuel pipe but not enough to worry about it at all.
Exhaust was easily cut and rerouted closer to frame.
Extended steering stops so the inside of the tires don’t rub the radius arm. That’s about it for now.

F1C223BA-E3D4-4370-B413-0E47DF768045.jpeg

B4FF2AD1-B3C3-4D6D-B7AB-378DC3869147.jpeg

4CFC81F4-D7CB-45FB-867D-65EFD009727B.jpeg

B22A6CDF-322A-4B87-89C5-A9E55009EAC6.jpeg

Couple more. Here’s what I’ve learned
1” bump extension up front
3.5”-4” bump extension In rear. This will stop the tire perfectly and will only slightly rub the fuel pipe but not enough to worry about it at all.
Exhaust was easily cut and rerouted closer to frame.
Extended steering stops so the inside of the tires don’t rub the radius arm. That’s about it for now.

How much uptravel are you left with in the rear after a 4" bump extension?

Sell the drift car to finance a 3 link and LS conversion. You know you won’t sleep well until you do. :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

Couldn’t weld in some sheet metal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom