Events/Trails Official 2019 Fall Crawl Information Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
Event information page

9/29 UPDATE: SOLD OUT!

9/8 UPDATE: Sweatshirts are now available to order, Additional t-shirts available to order and the radio communications plan is posted

9/6 UPDATE: Travel information page posted here: Getting There: 2019 Fall Crawl Travel Information

8/15: Registration is OPEN!!
Click HERE to register.

That's right, after a four year absence, Fall Crawl is going back to the Cove in Gore, VA!
For the uninitiated, the Cove has an extensive network of trails for all skill levels.
Access the trails right from the large group camp.
This is an Open TLCA event.
Subscribe to this thread to for latest information on event details.

A few pics to get you hyped:
1562257241160.png 1562257261882.png 1562257313247.png

More pics here

Last edited:
Glad to see this happening 😎

Back Yard wheeling!
At The Cove!
:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2: :bounce: :bounce2:

I hope to make it...

I hope to make it...
Hope? HOPE!? It's one of the closest events to your home. Sure a hell of a lot closer than Rausch.
You better do more than hope.

Stock 200 series... What would we recommend the minimum armor be in place for this? Right now, I believe the recommendation for the first round is rock sliders, then tires. Would that suffice?

What does it mean "no prorating?" Does that mean if I wanted to camp but not wheel, I'm still paying the full $150?

Stock 200 series... What would we recommend the minimum armor be in place for this? Right now, I believe the recommendation for the first round is rock sliders, then tires. Would that suffice?
That would be my minimum.

What does it mean "no prorating?" Does that mean if I wanted to camp but not wheel, I'm still paying the full $150?
Good question. I'm not 100% sure...
My initial thought is that you would be responsible for the camping fee for the weekend, as in $40 + $40 for event registration. There may be a passenger fee on the part of the campground. As in you would pay a camping and some reduced land use fee.
Most, if no all, off-road parks charge a fee for passengers.
I will have to as the question and get back.

You'd be able to have fun at Cove on some of the trails no problem with that setup.
All I'm going to have is just sliders still most likely

These are the rates for the Cove.
If you just camp it is $40 for the weekend plus $20 for thursday night.
If you wheel or ride as a passenger it is $50 land use fee for the weekend.
If you sit at camp and drink all day, you do not pay the land use fee.
If you are in a vehicle, you pay the land use fee.

Please abide by these rules. It is hard to get a group up there for an event, lets not spoil it by not following the rules.
We are going to have the large camp ground and the trails to ourselves.
Hope this clears things up.

Rob

Some of the trails are totally doable stock. Sliders would allow a little more peace of mind and to maybe try some more challenging obstacles. Either way you should come.

Some previous event pictures

7F4489B7-09D3-4132-9614-E48CB42EB39E.jpeg
342C4DFE-E39C-4F9B-8DAB-FAD2E8095217.jpeg
CB61A909-76C5-4727-8B3F-FAAD519496EF.jpeg
552E5D32-E2FD-4989-9247-48D956DFEBB2.jpeg

Total novice here that wants to get into offroading. Is this going to be mostly rock crawling or there will be some easier trails as well?

@captainva there will be groups for different skills. I would suggest go out with a group for greens trails (easy) with your rig on day 1. Then jump in and ride with someone for a some blacks/blues trail (harder) run on day 2. This will let you know if building your rig for not harder wheeling is what you want or keep it tame; hit the dirt when you can and set around the camp TV and listen to all the embellished stories of the day.

Here's some pictures of easy stuff at the cove

20181221_161034.jpg

20181221_161023.jpg

20181221_155722.jpg

20181221_155711.jpg

20181221_155041.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom