OEM vs. Aftermarket Thermostat - Coolant System Maintenance (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That tiny weep will not likely amount to much. Unless there was much more pink curtsy than you've pictured, and you've been washing it away.

Very minor drop can just be the OAT a few degrees difference. Drop in OAT from 90 F to -10F, coolant contraction, can drop the reservoir from full to low. Just 10 f increase in OAT, can raise level from expansion ~1 inch.

Last edited:
That tiny weep will not likely amount to much. Unless there was much more pink curtsy than you've pictures, and you've been washing it away.

Very minor drop can just be the OAT a few degrees difference. Drop in OAT from 90 F to -10F, coolant contraction, can drop the reservoir from full to low. Just 10 f increase in OAT, can raise level from expansion ~1 inch.

good point @2001LC

Regular radiator cleaing is a must in my muddy evironment. Yes those are wood chips from people throwing logs into mud holes.

Keeping it clean yields temps in the 184 to 188 range.

1686059672799.png

Doing well. Due for some PM this summer.

Good to hear. So after reading this thread with the new fan clutch and OEM t-stat and clearing up a few small leaks that kept your temps down at a reasonable level? I too have been experiencing similar temps (steady at 193 and on long hill climbs reaching 200) and in the process of searching out remedies. I have new radiator and new coolant. I have a fan clutch sitting on the shelf at home waiting to be installed. Replaced t-stat last night

Good to hear. So after reading this thread with the new fan clutch and OEM t-stat and clearing up a few small leaks that kept your temps down at a reasonable level? I too have been experiencing similar temps (steady at 193 and on long hill climbs reaching 200) and in the process of searching out remedies. I have new radiator and new coolant. I have a fan clutch sitting on the shelf at home waiting to be installed. Replaced t-stat last night
Yes. The thermostat, fan clutch, and radiator have been working well to keep my coolant temps between 184-188*. I may hit 190-191* on a hill or long grade. One thing I did neglect to mention the repair to the to the o-ring I made a few years ago has start to seep ever so slightly. Nothing significant, but I think due to the poor "fix" by a PO and then my attempt to clean all the FIPG from where it did not below caused some scratches in the aluminum. Over time coolant has found a path of least resistance. It is on my list to repair this summer. I have all new OEM parts to make the repair correctly this go-around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom