OEM taillight wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

86aggie

SILVER Star
Threads
Ordered a new OEM driver side taillight assembly - housing, gaskets, lens. Go to install and plugs don't match. Old housing has a six tab plug with a two tab pigtail coming off of it. The two tab plug is the two wires going to the side marker bulb. The new housing stops at the six tab plug, with no pigtail. Simple solution seems like I just cut the two wires as they come out of the old six tab plug and tap into the correct wires. Does it matter if I tap in before the body side six tab plug or after the housing side plug?

Ordered a new OEM driver side taillight assembly - housing, gaskets, lens. Go to install and plugs don't match. Old housing has a six tab plug with a two tab pigtail coming off of it. The two tab plug is the two wires going to the side marker bulb. The new housing stops at the six tab plug, with no pigtail. Simple solution seems like I just cut the two wires as they come out of the old six tab plug and tap into the correct wires. Does it matter if I tap in before the body side six tab plug or after the housing side plug?

i have these if this helps ?

1664066905091.png

Thanks for the offer, Matt. My six tab plug is the rectangular version, not the oval. And I think the terminals are the next gauge up, or maybe even two steps up.

Some photos of your setup might help here. I seem to remember the side marker light comes off the OEM harness on the truck not on the taillight housing itself. Maybe PO hacked into your setup to feed the marker light from the taillight housing itself. I'll try and take a look at mine to see if that's correct. There is just a 6 slot plug connecting the taillight to the truck side harness on mine, that much I am sure of. Sounds like yours may have been hacked up. Again, photos might help some here.

Edit: Well I was curious so I checked mine quickly. Totally remembered this wrong so screw me. Old people, amiright? Mine is wired up like your description of your harness with the side marker leads coming off the taillight housing itself:

Taillight5.jpg

Where did you get these housings from? Dealer? What P/N's did you use?

Diagram from my dealer shows the side marker pigtail in the photo. P/N : 8155069055 (RT) and 8156069055 (Left)

1664112183972.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer, Matt. My six tab plug is the rectangular version, not the oval. And I think the terminals are the next gauge up, or maybe even two steps up.

i have all that JAZZ too ..........

like these examples , CORRECT terminals size specs too

I ordered from Amayama PN 81560-90A12, which is the same that PartSouq shows. Looking at parts.mcgeorgetoyota.com - they show ...A11 as the discontinued part for the the right side, and ...9055 for the left side. Would have been $16 more using McGeorge... 179 v 195. Lesson learned.

I ordered from Amayama PN 81560-90A12, which is the same that PartSouq shows. Looking at parts.mcgeorgetoyota.com - they show ...A11 as the discontinued part for the the right side, and ...9055 for the left side. Would have been $16 more using McGeorge... 179 v 195. Lesson learned.
So you found both NLA taillight housings from Amayama? Left side is 81560-90A12 and right side is 81560-90A11?

90A12 was available in May and shows available today from Amayama. Amayama showed then and now that 90A11 is NLA, as did PartSouq and McGeorge. McGeorge is showing ...9055 as available.

Thats the same price as McGeorge. In my quick comparison, the 'parts.xxxdealer.com' was the cheapest online price of the three website formats that Toyota dealers use. Talking to the counter guys at McGeorge, each site has different costs, which dictate the pricing formula respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom