October ROTM - Casner #8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I truly hope this is a go and not still affected by the plague that shan't be named. It is one of my favorite runs of the year.

Still early but always an excellent outing👍 Any idea what month we might be looking at Brice?

To Casner or not to Casner. That is the question.

I was unable to procure a permit this year to run Casner. Such a bummer. I am in line in case someone cancels.

That said, I am still planning on camping. I will simply figure out some alternate trails to take.

I have set aside the weekend of October 9 - 11. I plan on camping at the "new spot" which is a little further east on 231.

Make it on your calendars as it is only 17 weeks away!

To Casner or not to Casner. That is the question.

I was unable to procure a permit this year to run Casner. Such a bummer. I am in line in case someone cancels.

That said, I am still planning on camping. I will simply figure out some alternate trails to take.

I have set aside the weekend of October 9 - 11. I plan on camping at the "new spot" which is a little further east on 231.

Make it on your calendars as it is only 17 weeks away!

Is this another new location you decided on after I left on Sunday last year or same one?

I am heading up to the Flagstaff to Cottonwood 230kV powerline alignment to drive to a number of locations to check our design out before starting the construction activities in a couple months...
I am planning on driving up the switchback trail to Mt. Casner so let me know if anyone wants me to do scouting / take pictures like I kind of did last year. Let me know and I will post them back here when I get back on Friday.

All the beat, hope everyone is staying safe.

Cheers-
Ralphie and Rusty

Just now seeing the boulder in the trail. We will be is SXSW for work to review the powerline. I'll take some pics for an update incase anything has changed.

FWIW - Now campers are going around the boulder as of last week.;)

FWIW - Now campers are going around the boulder as of last week.;)

Now sure what you mean by campers? My understanding there is no camping between the gates. This really is pretty much a dead issue this year unless enough groups drop out to allow CSC to have the run. As much as I like this area on top of the rim can't think of anything challenging enough for a group run. Early morning and evening offer some wildlife viewing but in a larger group usually only those at the front see them.

Now sure what you mean by campers? My understanding there is no camping between the gates. This really is pretty much a dead issue this year unless enough groups drop out to allow CSC to have the run. As much as I like this area on top of the rim can't think of anything challenging enough for a group run. Early morning and evening offer some wildlife viewing but in a larger group usually only those at the front see them.

To be clear, full size trucks with campers on them can make it around the said rock blocking the road.

To be clear, full size trucks with campers on them can make it around the said rock blocking the road.

Never thought of Casner Mountain a place you would take a full size truck with a camper but know you and Eric @Pitch probably would. Need to measure the distance between the quad/side by side. An FJ40 with stock axles and tires that fit inside the fenders and call it my poor man's side by side. Someone local is trying to sell a 2018 Polaris General with 5k miles for $18.5K. half dozen of my FJ40s didn't cost that much combined.

I am planning on going up to the Casner camping spot, not The Edge of the World, but the spot further down the road on Friday morning (October 9th, 2010). I will be up there until Sunday. I am looking to relax this weekend, but I am really bummed we cannot run Casner Trail. I understand a lot of people might not want to come up because the actual run is not happening.
Let me know who is coming up.

Ugh, I’m out of town for this 😟

Sarah, Graham, and I are going to come up on Saturday.

Going to try to head up Sat AM for the day/night. Brice, can you share the coordinates of the new spot or can you DM them to me?

Going to try to head up Sat AM for the day/night. Brice, can you share the coordinates of the new spot or can you DM them to me?

If you went last year pretty sure it's the same camping spot. Group hasn't camped at edge of the world for a few years.

2020 strikes again. Just came back Saturday from up north. Could have extended my stay for a few days longer. Next trip up wouldn't be until the follow week. @brices123 I need to make arrangements to head over to you home or business to pick up the parts Ben delivered from Tucson.

Here are the coordinates.
34°58’3717”N, 111°47’56.16”W (34.9769, -111.7990)

Here are the coordinates.
34°58’3717”N, 111°47’56.16”W (34.9769, -111.7990)
That's a great spot too, I camped about 200 yards east of that spot in August. Right on the edge!

Does anyone have the coordinates for or remember what road the "Creepy Cabin" is on? I want to take my kids there this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom