O6 4Runner SAC / 3-Link F/R (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well, I'm mostly a lurker over here as you can tell from my post count. I sold my 80 last winter. Figured I'd share my latest project. It's a 2006 4Runner Limited 4WD V8. I've been getting most of my "technical assistance" from Wyatt (AWSUMDC) of RockSolidToys/Demello Offroad. I have a couple of threads here:

Croz's 06' 4Runner SAC - rocksolidtoys.com
Croz's 06' 4Runner SAC - Toyota 120 Platforms Forum

anyway, here are the latest pics, I just got it out of the garage for the first time today so needless to say, it was a big deal for me after spending nearly every second of free time over the last few months getting it to this. My kids nicknamed it "THE PUNISHER!":D

Here are the basic specs for the SAC:

Front/Rear 3-Link
Front/Rear Dynatrac ProRock Dana 60's (4:88 ARB rear/Detroit front)
Front 14" King coilovers/ rear 12" King shocks and custom springs
Branik Motorsports Alluminum links (2.5" main links/2.0" 3rd links)
Mix of Ballistic joints, Poly bushings and heims for the main links
PSC Hydrualic assist
15x10 TrailReady beadlocks w/ 37" Iroks
Marlin Crawler Lefty 4.70:1 XD gear set (twin sticks)
Front/Rear Double Cardan driveshafts
...not drivable yet, but it's getting close

_DSC3256.jpg

_DSC3260.jpg

_DSC3253.jpg

_DSC3261.jpg

Man that thing rocks, nice lines on the bumper:popcorn:

Just read through the thread, really like your design and simplicity.

Last edited:
dude .. what a build .. and in a 06 runner .. are you keeping the factory auto tranny .?

can you tell us about your spring selection for your front coilover . ?

Nice rear bumper ..

it reminds me of the one IPOR did sweet

dude .. what a build .. and in a 06 runner .. are you keeping the factory auto tranny .?

can you tell us about your spring selection for your front coilover . ?

Nice rear bumper ..

I am keeping the auto trans. I put in the new Marlin Lefty (same as the Inchworm with slightly different internals) and I honestly haven't got all the electricals hacked just yet.

I copied another guys spring rates that had a similar setup to what I built. I wasn't sure what my weight would be, he is around 6000lbs, I may be a little less over all but slightly heavier in front with the V8. The rates are 300 over 350s. He said the one thing while valving and messing with the springs he learned was no matter what he did to get it to be better handling on the street, it would still flex about the same off road. ...got my fingers crossed. I figure I'll probably have to re valve/ spring at least once or twice to dial it in.

Thanks about the bumper, that was the first real project that made me think I could take on this rediculousness in my garage:hillbilly:

it reminds me of the one IPOR did sweet

THat's my friend TIm's, his was the first ever late model 4R SAC. Thanks to him and IPOR, a lot of my problems got addressed prior to me getting to them. They built a seriously bitchn' truck, just wish they didn't take so damn long to get it done.

I may be a little less over all but slightly heavier in front with the V8. The rates are 300 over 350s. .

strongly interested in see how it perform ... and you run progresive in the rear or linears .. ?

Kick ass! nothing like cutting up a new truck!

not sure if you wanted any critisism or ideas, but it looks like it either needs Bigger shoes, or to be lowered a bit. the First of the two ideas is what i would go with ;)

by Far my favorite 4th gen ive ever seen!

THat's my friend TIm's, his was the first ever late model 4R SAC. Thanks to him and IPOR, a lot of my problems got addressed prior to me getting to them. They built a seriously bitchn' truck, just wish they didn't take so damn long to get it done.

Yea i was considering IPOR for doin my build (see Sig), but im still in the collecting stages.

Looking really good Dave. Nice to see it on Mud. I'm planning to have mine over on RockSolidToys soon. Any idea how long till it's mobile?

strongly interested in see how it perform ... and you run progresive in the rear or linears .. ?

The fronts are 15 over 12 with one bleed closed and the rears are 12 over 12 with all bleeds open. I have a sway bar in the rear but not the front. I really need to drive it a bit and go from there.

Sonny at Downsouthmotorsports is who built them for me, it'll probably take a few adjustments to get it just right. We're also looking at King's new compression adjusters to possibly help the body roll on road. ...we'll see.

I'll post up the shock tuning progress as it comes.

Kick ass! nothing like cutting up a new truck!

not sure if you wanted any critisism or ideas, but it looks like it either needs Bigger shoes, or to be lowered a bit. the First of the two ideas is what i would go with ;)

by Far my favorite 4th gen ive ever seen!

Thanks, and no problem man, gotta take the good with the bad. I've had a lot of advice and comments along the way. I will probably run this combo for a while. Any bigger right now and I have to start limiting articulation and I'm geared for 37's. As far as getting it lower, I could probably get the rear lower without too much trouble but the front doesn't have as much room to come down. I even had to put a small bend in the front panhard to get full travel and clear the pumpkin on the Pro Rocks.

Yea i was considering IPOR for doin my build (see Sig), but im still in the collecting stages.

Do it man! they did a great job on Tim's ...just don't be in a hurry to get it back.

Looking really good Dave. Nice to see it on Mud. I'm planning to have mine over on RockSolidToys soon. Any idea how long till it's mobile?

Thanks brother. I saw some of your Moab pics, Awesome!! ...bummed we couldn't make it back out with you guys this year. I may be in Az by this time next year so it'll be on:cool:

Trying to get it ready for it's maiden voyage on Monday. I don't have any exhaust behind the cats so I'll be doing a one-time screamer to the muffler shop:lol: ...and yeah, I love your truck, get that thing over to RST too

That is by far the coolest 4runner ive ever seen.

thanks fellas, dropped the truck off yesterday for exhaust. just decided to let someone else deal with that. I'll get it back this afternoon.

We're working on all the electronics now to get the christmas lights on the dash under control. Speedo should be pretty easy, this truck was originally full time 4WD so now must figure out how I want the dash lights to represent 4WD. i hate electrical crap, but atleast it's driving now:beer:

I've always wanted to know what this conversion would look like.....annnndd now I know it's f'ing incredible!!! Great job man! I'm sure it is going to do amazing on the trail with its wide stance, V8 and wheelbase. I would love to do this to my 4Runner, but the 40 takes all of my coin....3FE conversion in progress :clap:

kickass 4-runner, wish we got those in aus.

yeah, you guys have some stuff I wish we could get ahold of easier ...diesel!

I've always wanted to know what this conversion would look like.....annnndd now I know it's f'ing incredible!!! Great job man! I'm sure it is going to do amazing on the trail with its wide stance, V8 and wheelbase. I would love to do this to my 4Runner, but the 40 takes all of my coin....3FE conversion in progress :clap:

Thanks man, I've wanted to do this for a long time, my buddy jumped first and I couldn't resist. I'm finally starting to think it might be worth all the pain to get it to this

All I can say is WOW!:clap::cool::D That's one sick Runner.:D

Thank you:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom