ntsaint's FJ40 search and build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's still there. Sorry. Didn't remember seeing it.

IMG_1428.PNG

I'm of the opinion that the EGR and Brake Warning Light 'hot' wires are crossed too (regardless of whether or not the plugs are different). To me, it looks like your EGR indicator is in an always on state (just being indicated in the 'Brake' light) and that your Brake Warning indicator is actually working properly (just being indicated in the 'EGR' light).

Couple of ways to check (maybe):

1. The Brake Warning Light 'hot' leg should be a Light Blue/Red wire. The EGR light 'hot' leg(s) should be fed by both a Black/Yellow wire and a Black/White wire. Check the harness side of the plugs and confirm the wire colors.

2. The Light Blue/Red wire feeding the Brake Warning Light should only be hot when the ignition is in the 'On' position. The Black/Yellow and Black/White wires feeding the EGR light indicate that it should have power when the ignition is in both the 'On' and 'Start' positions. Check to see if your 'Brake' light stays on when starting the engine. If it does, then this too suggests the 'hot' wires are crossed.

3. On the 'California Equipped' trucks, the EGR light was nothing more than a switch tied to the speedo cable. It gets toggled every 25,000 miles. You can reset it yourself if you feel like pulling the instrument cluster apart. Some good info here. If your 'Brake' light goes off after toggling this switch, then we know the wires are crossed.

JTTMFT indeed.

After reading above, even if the EGR switch is the issue (and thanks for that link), then the hot wires almost HAVE to be crossed, right? There is no other explanation.

Yea...reserve judgement until Andy gets all this sorted out. There could be a thousand different reasons why this is happening...I just pointed out a few that should be relatively easy to check out.

Loops and twists OEM or?

Pulled the PS box. Shipping it to get t rebuilt. Kinda sucked to do I'm not gonna lie. Had to pull the fender.

IMG_2767.JPG
IMG_2770.JPG
IMG_2771.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom