For Sale NOS FJ40 gauge cluster KPH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have for sale a NOS gauge cluster $280

DSC_0248.JPG

Good price. I would buy it but I just bought a NOS one to use the parts in my later cluster. Everything interchanges with the later years except the speedometer (odometer). Pretty sure this one goes through the 1980 model year.

Good price. I would buy it but I just bought a NOS one to use the parts in my later cluster. Everything interchanges with the later years except the speedometer (odometer). Pretty sure this one goes through the 1980 model year.
Would you please share a photo of the NOS one you bought, Greg?

Thanks Greg. Those are still available through Toyota, I assume and I reckon still in production (which makes it new stock, if it’s the case).
I wasn't aware of that. I bought it from a third party parts dealer in Saudi. I just checked the Toyota Saudi website and I could have saved a little money. Live and learn.

Everything interchanges with the later years except the speedometer (odometer). Pretty sure this one goes through the 1980 model year.
And the speedometer from this model interchange nicely with the original one from my 1974 but the odometer wheel not (if you would want to keep your original odo wheel) because the odometer mechanism is not the same. Also a very very slight police change but face exchange easily between both.
The odometer was however interchangeable with one from another speedo circa 1976-1978 (still a 30A amperemeter).

Anyone know if you can't still get the 8/80 and later 24v version anywhere?

Anyone know if you can't still get the 8/80 and later 24v version anywhere?
I'm not sure if available as a whole but the only difference between a 12V and 24V cluster is a resistor to drop down tension for 2 gauges (I think oil and fuel), all the actual gauges are the same. So if you have your original cluster and the main PCB is in good condition you can simply swap all the gauges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom