Wanted WTB: FJ40 Gauge Cluster for parts 1979 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Looking for a Cluster in parts or complete... 1979 FJ40 Canadian (KPH)

Thanks @Drake2

@swixtt do you have a 12 volt system on your 40? If you do, I think that you can get a 83100-60123 cluster brand new and it should be near exact. They are pretty easy to source as well.

If it's a 24 volt this option won't work.

If you just need a speedometer, board and/or gauges I can help you there.

Jack.

awesome thank you. yes it is the 12v system. i'm looking to repair the speedo unit on it... specifically the gears. unlikely i'll find those outside of a used cluster assembly but i'd be happy to get an assembly so i have some spare parts.

awesome thank you. yes it is the 12v system. i'm looking to repair the speedo unit on it... specifically the gears. unlikely i'll find those outside of a used cluster assembly but i'd be happy to get an assembly so i have some spare parts.
Jack is a solid MUD member, you're in good hands with his parts or suggestions.

I think I have a brand new kph speedometer unit I will look in the morning.

Out of curiosity what is wrong with the gears. I don't have just the gears for kph speedometers as I don't come across them very often.

Stay tuned I will check the shop tomorrow.

Jack

Worm gear has a missing tooth. I think it was seized so it probably wrecked then. I fixed it with a made up Dowling pin …
IMG_1817.jpeg
shimmed it a bit to help it spin but it jumps every rotation. I think I’m on borrowed time with it.

IMG_1818.jpeg

IMG_1825.jpeg

very much appreciated... let me know either way.

cheers

@swixtt I don't have a kph gear like that. Infact I think I sold my only kph speedometer. Sorry I could not help.

Jack

no problem... thanks anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom