Noobie: Wheels - will these first? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Picked out wheels and tires for my new-to-me 1985 FJ60. Called to order from 4WP but sales rep said this wheel WILL NOT fit. Not confident he was correct (and not confident I'm correct either). He said he had note in his system about this "not fitting land cruisers". But his note didn't say what year models. rather vague, eh?

I’ve seen (what i believe to be) these on numerous 60s. Wouod appreciate feedback from my the community... will these fit 1985 FJ60?

There’s a wheel fit thread on mud somewhere. Not sure if it lists those wheels or not but likely you need to run spacers to get the spacing correct.

I can see an issue. They have 3.75” back space. On a 15” wheel that will rub on your tie rod ends.
Also check the Center bore diameter. Some of these older style wheels fit GM with a smaller Center hole size.
To be honest, I think you’d be better off going to a 16” rim. It’s not ‘modern’ looking so you will keep the
style and then all these fitting issues go away. Do not get a wheel with more than 4” back space and 3.5”
is recommended.
In the top right corner of the forum page there is a 🔍SEARCH , go there and search 60 series wheels.

Below is the FJ60 wheels that fit bible thread. I STRONGLY recommend only purchasing a set of wheels that are posted on that exhaustive thread. Basically, if a wheel isn't in that thread, it probably won't fit.

To be honest, I think you’d be better off going to a 16” rim. It’s not ‘modern’ looking so you will keep the
style and then all these fitting issues go away.
I'm partial to the 16-inch 70-Series Land Cruiser wheels, they retain the stock look but give you a lot more tire choices. They are a fairly narrow wheel though, but I like tall skinny tires. Here they are on my '86 FJ60 with OME heavy/medium suspension:

1576417711720.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom