No stock shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all

I need to replace the shocks on my 60 and since it is all stock I thought to keep it that way I'd get oem shocks from toyota. Not to mention they are cheaper @ $37. I phoned and the guy at the duncan dealership told me they only have the back shocks available. They have no more front ones and they are discontinued. He also told me toyota is being really weird about ordering stuff lately whats up?

Is this true. I'm actually "shocked" (pun) as there are alot of these vehicles world wide.

i mentioned this before, Toyota Canada will NOT supply any parts that are not on the Canadian EPC. if it is a mine part number you can NOT get it from your local dealer. if it is a JDM or other contry part number you are SOL when it comes to your local dealer.
this is NA Toyota dealing with the Importers. i guess they are feeling the sales pinch after all...
cheers

silvercrusher said:
Hey all

I need to replace the shocks on my 60 and since it is all stock I thought to keep it that way I'd get oem shocks from toyota. Not to mention they are cheaper @ $37. I phoned and the guy at the duncan dealership told me they only have the back shocks available. They have no more front ones and they are discontinued. He also told me toyota is being really weird about ordering stuff lately whats up?

Is this true. I'm actually "shocked" (pun) as there are alot of these vehicles world wide.

No troubles getting the 60 series shocks in the US. I also know that Toyota is getting wierd about parts but I think it is more about efficientcy and cost with stocking parts than anything else. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Michael

yeah Toyota parts in CA got wierd on us(me and my parts guy) when we ordered some more(granted we did order a "few" of them) of the OEM fj40 fog lights.........they said yes we have them............but no you can't have them...........finaly we got them, but it was really wierd. Oh, they only let us have 5 lights per order, so Al ordered 2 twice :D

Also when trying to order some Euro spec fj40 mirrors, Toyota USA said yes we have them but no you can't have them UNLESS you can produce the registration for a Euro spec fj40 reg'd in the US........well I just didn't have that ;) (be really nice if someone had one of those i could borrow ;)

and no problem getting OEM fj40 or 60 shocks in the US.

just picked up a complete set of stock shocks today from Peace Arch Toyota in South Surrey. let me know if you need the part numbers.

iceneweb said:
just picked up a complete set of stock shocks today from Peace Arch Toyota in South Surrey. let me know if you need the part numbers.

That would be cool thanks i'll compare them to the ones my dealer pal is having problems with. How much did they run you if you dont mind me asking? So wierd how i cant get them here but in white rock you have them. Somebodies messed up somewhere!

48511-69067 front
48531-69067 rear

total came to $224 after tax

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom