No sound from speakers and no volume control. PLEASE HELP. 2013 Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure about your model year, but the later years have the capability to show a trouble code. Should work with Techstream. Before spending $$, check for a code, that may help with troubleshooting.
I think there is a check in the diagnostic menu, also. There is a thread that shows how to get into the touch screen menus.

Went to the dealer today. They think it might also be the amp. Also, the DVD player not being recognized by the head unit. I’m going to try to unplug it and then reply it in to see if that does anything. Thanks so much for all the suggestions. This is totally blowing my mind.

Went to the dealer today. They think it might also be the amp. Also, the DVD player not being recognized by the head unit. I’m going to try to unplug it and then reply it in to see if that does anything. Thanks so much for all the suggestions. This is totally blowing my mind.
they're all on a private network. If both cd and amp are not reporting perhaps it is head unit?

Anyone know what this code is?

0BAC61D0-DB09-4770-B07F-5A58C7E16E14.jpeg

Hopefully someone with experience for your model year will chime in. But looking at the manual VTR part is associated with "Video (video adapter) terminal". I'm going to guess that FR is associated with "front" as that's the usual Toyota abbreviation.

Hopefully someone with experience for your model year will chime in. But looking at the manual VTR part is associated with "Video (video adapter) terminal". I'm going to guess that FR is associated with "front" as that's the usual Toyota abbreviation.
Thank you.

hook up the techstream and read the module. hopefully nothing got fried ... if you don't have techstream, there is lots of info out there on how to get it and the correct cable inexpensively.

hook up the techstream and read the module. hopefully nothing got fried ... if you don't have techstream, there is lots of info out there on how to get it and the correct cable inexpensively.
I’m going to try to disconnect and reconnect DVD player today. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Did the 2013 keep the AUX jack near the ash tray? If so...make sure nothing’s in there. Ask me why I thought of this possibility.... ;)
@Markuson - My '13 LC has the aux jack in that spot. @aspencruiser - this is the same part as I posted above ("No. 1 Stereo Jack").

Nice work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom