No more depo headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LED looks like a better option but I can't make any suggestions at this time.
I can say that after putting LED low-beams in my G2 Tundra - I’m over-the-moon sold on them.
LED lo-beams are going to be mod #1 to any new vehicle I get, if they aren’t already OE installed.

These are mine, Lucas Lighting:

The L2’s (never seen buddy’s shop use any other line, but they really talk Lucas like they are the Rigid of the aftermarket LED world).

L2’s :

They are unreal awesome, and in the ~6mo since install, I’ve only been “hi-beamed” by oncoming traffic 1 time.

I have the H11’s - on the advice of the buddy who manages the local 12v car-toys (stereos & all that stuff, lighting a big part of their inventory) - they were ~$130 my price (so 3x the budget/cheapest Amazon ones) - but 1yr warranty / 3yr warranty if shop installs (so he did mine).

—I’d asked him about the ones on Amazon & I guess some flicker-on while ‘warming up’ when cold like it gets in Winter here, and he said some burn out soon or point the LED directly at the road & will get you pulled over, esp if you aren’t running DOT stamped headlights.

But I know nothing of any other brand for drop-in LED bulbs.

I can say that after putting LED low-beams in my G2 Tundra - I’m over-the-moon sold on them.
LED lo-beams are going to be mod #1 to any new vehicle I get, if they aren’t already OE installed.

These are mine, Lucas Lighting:

The L2’s (never seen buddy’s shop use any other line, but they really talk Lucas like they are the Rigid of the aftermarket LED world).

L2’s :

They are unreal awesome, and in the ~6mo since install, I’ve only been “hi-beamed” by oncoming traffic 1 time.

I have the H11’s - on the advice of the buddy who manages the local 12v car-toys (stereos & all that stuff, lighting a big part of their inventory) - they were ~$130 my price (so 3x the budget/cheapest Amazon ones) - but 1yr warranty / 3yr warranty if shop installs (so he did mine).

—I’d asked him about the ones on Amazon & I guess some flicker-on while ‘warming up’ when cold like it gets in Winter here, and he said some burn out soon or point the LED directly at the road & will get you pulled over, esp if you aren’t running DOT stamped headlights.

But I know nothing of any other brand for drop-in LED bulbs.
Interesting....I might give these a try in the depo housing for low beam...never seen em before.

Interesting....I might give these a try in the depo housing for low beam...never seen em before.

While I was doing new bulbs (you have to remove the headligt housing to swap cornermarker bulbs, and at that point might just as well pull the housings out the FR / 4 bolts) - I’d put fresh hi-beams in the 9005/9006 /pair of Sylvania Silverstar Extra’s.

$50/supposed to be the best incandescent bulbs out save real Osrams from EU.

They are mostly worthless/barely ‘bloom’ the light pattern with noticeably yellow light - the Lucas L2’s are just that crazy good.

Reflective paint on road signs & pavement turtles ‘pop’ in the LED light.

I’ve never compared the L3’s to the L2’s over basic price, but the L2’s are unreal awesome - just make sure you can fit that little box (transformer/capacitor-IDK?) - behind your headlights if you have other wires back there.

HTH.

I’d put fresh hi-beams in the 9005/9006 /pair of Sylvania Silverstar Extra’s.
Yeah I just installed the depo's with the HELLA Halogen Yellow bulbs
They are mostly worthless/barely ‘bloom
Yeah ive noticed this in the high beam light, the bloom pattern
just make sure you can fit that little box (transformer/capacitor-IDK?) - behind your headlights if you have other wires back there.
I can get the box to fit if i get the L2's. So in the low beam slot its a H4/9003. Also thought about trying the L3, I am currently using the AUXITO h4/9003 fan less 9000 lumen adjustable beam LED's that @lumbee1 recommended from all the research done. Thanks to them being adjustable, they do have a nice pattern and cut-off albeit they could be a little brighter for me... also my windshield is tinted with a 50% shade but a full ceramic film. I had a 70% tint/ full ceramic which considerably cut down on heat coming in, but my windshield cracked so Im trying the next shade darker which is the 50%. there's not a shade between 70% & 50%

Their website doesn't have a 9003 option, does that mean just get the H4? Thanks @LINUS !

Took a look at the Lucas site. Wanted to see if they had a replacement for my HID bulb. I did the projector mod on mine.
D2S Bulb
AAAAKKK $250. I would have done $100. I guess I'll keep my HID's for now.

EDIT: The Morimotos are $200 so, I guess that's along the right line for pricing.

Last edited:
For any of you who swapped out your headlights, does anyone still have the 4 plastic swivel plugs that go in the top of the OEM headlight assembly on both sides? Mine turned brittle and one broke when I opened them up the other day. Wondering if anyone has any laying around nearby (Birmingham, AL) that would work in my 97 40th Anniversary Land Cruiser. And it not, anyone know the part number for those 4 plug things? If so, please DM me.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom