No more depo headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Contacted Maxzone, which is the US owned subsidiary of Depo. Got this reply:

"Unfortunately I looked into your headlights and the aftermarket industry does not make this light at the moment. We cannot offer the Taiwan headlights either because they go through different certifications that the U.S. which we are not allowed to transfer over."

So it sounds like it *MIGHT* be possible to get some from Taiwan but only if you have someone there buy them for you then ship them here.

Or you can pay $840 for them on ebay....
LAST SET DEPO EURO Headlights FOR 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 636676411057 | eBay

Anyone have a set with the clear corner lights they wanna sell me :)

Here are the ones in their catalog, curious if they are even available in Taiwan. None can be bought here.

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 1.49.11 PM.png

I have heard that this happens from time to time with the Depos. I'd imagine they'll be back.

In the meantime, I'll sell you mine for $839.:p

I swear I just looked like a week a go. I'm tempted to buy spare set when they're available again, assuming they will be.

Try and get genuine ones? Might be available if you can work out the correct part numbers. I was trying for a while to work out correct Sahara style RHD early-build OEM headlight part numbers but couldn't get them definitive enough to try ordering (via Amayama or Partsouq).

I just did a pole on which type of headlight to go with a few months ago and that exact seller had more than 10 sets available under $300 and countless auctions on ebay that got relisted. Hard to believe that they were all sold. Supply and demand is what I'm thinking is going on here. List only 1 set and hike up the price and as soon as it sells...list the next knowing they cant be had anywhere else. Looks like I'm going to have to figure out another solution for my headlights if the cruiser ever gets back on the road.

I am out of the headlamps for 80 and 100 series. I imported DEPO head and tail lamps for 40, 70, 80, 100 and 200 series. None of those are available from Maxzone which is DEPO distributor in the USA. Successfully ordered a shipment from DEPO and ship over to the US. They are very strict though, But now they will no longer sell them to me stating that those are non compliance lamp to DOT. Supplier told me new sales team will not budge and stay with the rule!!! The one I imported are LHD EU lamp. Gotta go through other channels now. I can still get 100 and 200 lamps, gotta check and see 80 headlamp are available.

Not sure but their stuff is probably made in Taiwan or China. it's nowhere near genuine quality.

I like my Depos pretty well, but if I were in the market for headlights now if be looking at the upcoming 7" round option. Reap the benefit of the Jeep-JK-wagon-train's market force.

Reactions: RFB
We got lot's of friends in EU, probably not so much in Taiwan. If they are available in EU, it would be easy to have someone there buy and ship them here.

Try and get genuine ones? Might be available if you can work out the correct part numbers. I was trying for a while to work out correct Sahara style RHD early-build OEM headlight part numbers but couldn't get them definitive enough to try ordering (via Amayama or Partsouq).

I threw out about 5 (used) sets of OEM JDM's a year or so ago.....

I like my Depos pretty well, but if I were in the market for headlights now if be looking at the upcoming 7" round option. Reap the benefit of the Jeep-JK-wagon-train's market force.

I have a brand new set of KC LED 7"ers all ready and waiting.

Not sure but their stuff is probably made in Taiwan or China. it's nowhere near genuine quality.

Depo is a Taiwanese company. The headlights are glass - it’s better than the vast majority of plastic crap that Toyota sells OEM. The housing backing and mount plastic is lower quality than 80 series OEM, but with just a straight plug and play factory harness adapter for the H4/H1 bulbs the light output is far superior to OEM and the look isn’t super Euro modern. It would be a shame to lose this from the U.S. market.

The question of DOT compliance is interesting since it’s the bulb. The H1/H4 bulbs are interchangeable in terms of base/plug, e.g. 9003 interchangeable with H4. This can create a technical DOT compliance issue, but it would never show up in the real world where somebody would get busted. I can’t imagine what else it would be.

Here’s an article discussing this issue.

http://candlepowerinc.com/pdfs/H4_9003.pdf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom