No brakes! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a bunch of work done last summer at ACC including all new front and rear brakes. Thing we're going great until a few weeks ago. I noticed the pedal become softer and softer over a couple of days and then had a catastrophic failure (brakes went completely out, ran into intersection, threw on the e brake, luckily I was coming home from night shift). I let it sit for a few days and fluid puddled under the LSPV valve and was clearly leaking from there.

I placed an order with Sam at Toyota South (great by the way) and over the last couple of days swapped out the LSPV. What a PITA. Anyway, finished tonight and bled everything real good and..... Still no brakes. Nothing. Pedal just goes to the floor. Any thoughts as to what's going on? No other work has been done to the brak system to my knowledge. Oh, the rig is a '96 LX. Thanks in advance for all the help!

If the master went dry then you might need to bench bleed it. It can be done while in the truck with the help of a friend. That or you need to bleed the system A LOT more. Took me gallons of fluid to get a good pedal

you have air in the system and because it was the LSPV it's everywhere. I do a couple of rounds of bleeding the calipers and then finish with doing the LSPV with the engine running. With the engine running and a clear hose attached to the bleeder at the LSPV you can see air being bled off that looks like foam. I've done a couple of trucks this way and have had very good results.

If it got past the LSPV like said above, I believe air got everywhere in the system.

As a quick test, pull your ABS fuse and take around the block. No need to go fast just fast enough to get a good stopping momentum going. If your brakes feel fine then put the fuse back and test it again. If the problem is there with the abs fuse in then you have air in the ABS brain and need to bleed it.

Or you can just pull the ABS fuse and be fine but won't have ABS. But it will allow you to get to work and back no problem until you can bench bleed the ABS brain.

Hope that helps

Boom! What would I do without you all? Just bled the system with the help of the :princess: (three times with LSPV in between each round) and I'm braking again! Thanks for the help. :cheers:

Technical brake lingo aside, I'm glad you and those in the intersection with you are OK. Brake failure is never good, especially with vehicles as heavy as ours.

Boom! What would I do without you all? Just bled the system with the help of the :princess: (three times with LSPV in between each round) and I'm braking again! Thanks for the help. :cheers:

:bounce: :cheers:

Glad you figured it out and got it fixed

according to me,its none other than air bubbles...making the pedal soft..it is clearly evident because after u have rectified load sensing proportionating valve leak,the problem still persists.if possible check the brake by changing the brake oil with DOT3 as it clearly indicates any minor leaks with its purpleness.because i have faced the same problem in our baja and found it atlast to be a leak in the metal brake hose..follow these steps:
1.check for all leaks
2.first bleed the master cylinder(just loosen the nut ,press the pedal,tighten it and then release the pedal.)carry out in all the outlets
3.then bleed calipers atleast for three times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom