News! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Amazon is weird sometimes. Shipping is "free" but the sellers up their prices to cover it. Just bought a tool and it was cheaper by 20 bucks from their own site and paying shipping than it was with the free shipping. :meh:

Another one is sellers sending shipping label to fedex right away, at which point your credit card gets charged and seller gets paid.

Then if you do manage to get a hold of the seller, you find item is backordered months.

Ordered some bar stools a week or so ago, I suspect that's the game that's happening with them. Not actually overdue yet, but I suspect they will be. ****ers.

I bought the manual rivnut tool from that company, and a riveter. Seem to be decent products.

Not sure I'd be keen to order from the states right now tho. Place is getting more psychotic by the second.

Last edited:
Saw this and laughed:

95184096_2738797543034058_8916001920632487936_n.jpg

Just discovered my new favourite 2020 word.

"Doomscrolling". :lol: 😭

I know what you mean. I wish I was stupid and ignorant (well, more so at least! :hillbilly:) and didn't care about all that is happening right now.

Climate change+Trump+COVID+racial issues is just a wee bit much right now. Not to mention ongoing over-population, corporate greed, water shortage, soil degradation, war, food shortage, etc. issues. The human trajectory is not very promising.

This helps a bit tho: :beer: :lol:

Last edited:
Well, I like to put this out there - For all of you who are having so much trouble with 'isolation' and 'staying in',
but think moving to MARS is going to be great, get used to it.....

My favourite word is babys born now are going to be called 'Coronials!'

'2020 Hindsight' is all the complaining people are going to do that won't help us clean up
and move forward out of this unfortunate mess.

I know what you mean. I wish I was stupid and ignorant (well, more so at least! :hillbilly:) and didn't care about all that is happening right now.

Climate change+Trump+COVID+racial issues is just a wee bit much right now. Not to mention ongoing over-population, corporate greed, water shortage, soil degradation, war, food shortage, etc. issues. The human trajectory is not very promising.

I tend to read a fair bit of SciFi, common thread in ones where humans make it off this rock, is that all the petty crap is long behind them.

Don't see that happening with this batch.

Is rather a lot at once. There's a few things missing on the apocalypse bingo card tho.

Bring on the asteroid and supervolcano eruption.

Well, I like to put this out there - For all of you who are having so much trouble with 'isolation' and 'staying in',
but think moving to MARS is going to be great, get used to it.....

My favourite word is babys born now are going to be called 'Coronials!'

Heh, yeah like the meatheads freaking out about "stay at home orders" a week ago now being the champions of "obey the rules" when it comes to protests.
Gee I wonder what the difference is.

Burning s*** is going too far tho. Doesn't exactly punish the right people.

Biggest thing I've noticed about staying home, (not that I really went anywhere before anyways), is what swmbo and I used to call "disposable income" for going out and entertainment, is now just income.

Mind you, there's a lot more packages of "s*** we don't really need" showing up at the door. :lol:

I was going to hit like, because I agree with your statement, but I don’t think like should be associated with it. If things keep up I’ll have to take up drinking... although I can’t help worrying about my kids’ future. 15 years ago the future looked more promising... I’m not sure anymore.
Doomsday preparations are starting to look more reasonable now :eek:

I was going to hit like, because I agree with your statement, but I don’t think like should be associated with it. If things keep up I’ll have to take up drinking... although I can’t help worrying about my kids’ future. 15 years ago the future looked more promising... I’m not sure anymore.
Doomsday preparations are starting to look more reasonable now :eek:

The beer thing was just a joke; drinking is obviously not the answer. Really this conversation could get quite philosophical or even theological, but I don't think this is the right venue. I know a number of us have very distinct and deep rooted opinions/beliefs in these areas, and I can only imagine how the discussion might go. :lol:

At least we're roughly on the same page when it comes to Toyota/Landcruisers....and fortunately that's what this site is about. ;)

Last edited:
Edit: Ooops, just realized this article was from May of last year. Need more coffee....

In more positive news, there was threat the 70 series line would end soon. Apparently not anymore. Pretty amazing the 70 series has been around since 1985 and will continue into the foreseeable future. When I've had to order new factory parts for the body/chassis it's amazing how many still cross over to the latest version of these trucks....

40 series was around from 1960-1984 or so (for most markets); 25 years. 70 series has been around from 1985 to the present. 37 years and counting.

" Speaking with carsales.com.au this week, Toyota Australia sales and marketing director Sean Hanley confirmed the Toyota 70 Series would be maintained within the local line-up for the foreseeable future. "

Last edited:
The beer thing was just a joke; drinking is obviously not the answer. Really this conversation could get quite philosophical or even theological, but I don't think this is the right venue. I know a number of us have very distinct and deep rooted opinions/beliefs in these areas, and I can only imagine how the discussion might go. :lol:

At least we're roughly on the same page when it comes to Toyota/Landcruisers....and fortunately that's what this site is about. ;)

20200601_201640.jpg

Haha, nooo theological discussions...:lol:

I always find it funny that I have to define myself by something I DON'T believe in.

Like having to call myself a "flat earth denier"

At least the "The end is nigh" sandwich board guy can put " see I ****ing told you" on the back side of it now. :lol:

Like me, how many of you have Threadlocker from 1992? I’ve got Blue and Red and 262 and 242,
and whatever. Did you all know that it has all changed?
Now they have ORANGE Threadlocker! Anyhow, I’ll post this up for review and your own research.
Also, look up a cool new adhesive called ‘Right Stuff’ - for in field repairs, amazing stuff!!
Right Stuff is also a Permatex product.

Like me, how many of you have Threadlocker from 1992? I’ve got Blue and Red and 262 and 242,
and whatever. Did you all know that it has all changed?
Now they have ORANGE Threadlocker! Anyhow, I’ll post this up for review and your own research.
Also, look up a cool new adhesive called ‘Right Stuff’ - for in field repairs, amazing stuff!!
Right Stuff is also a Permatex product.

"Right Stuff" is THE go-to gasket maker for those in the automotive mechanic industry. There is apparently nothing better.

So I'm standing in line at Canadian Tire yesterday, and a well dressed professional looking guy in his mid 60's in front of me starts going on about Corona Virus being a huge consipracy....he continues on about a lot of other popular conspiracy stuff. Clearly too much reading on teh interwebs without critical thinking. Swallowing it all hook/line/sinker. Personally, I'm not blind to people doing what they need to do to feed their insatiable greed, but I also don't subscribe to most of the conspiracy theories floating around.

Saw this cartoon which about sums up the conversation for me:

103409971_10160007706904968_4334069789473008009_n.jpg

So I'm standing in line at Canadian Tire yesterday, and a well dressed professional looking guy in his mid 60's in front of me starts going on about Corona Virus being a huge consipracy....he continues on about a lot of other popular conspiracy stuff. Clearly too much reading on teh interwebs without critical thinking. Swallowing it all hook/line/sinker. Personally, I'm not blind to people doing what they need to do to feed their insatiable greed, but I also don't subscribe to most of the conspiracy theories floating around.

Saw this cartoon which about sums up the conversation for me:

View attachment 2333364

Yep, thank you facebook. Social media has not improved society... moron conspiracy theorists never used to be able to broadcast their crazy to so many gullible dipshits.

The whole anti vax thing for example. If they came out with a 100% effective covid vaccine, a percentage of people would refuse to take it because they read something online. :bang:

The whole anti vax thing for example. If they came out with a 100% effective covid vaccine, a percentage of people would refuse to take it because they read something online. :bang:

I'm not anti vax, but I would refuse to take 100% effective covid vaccine for the following reasons: 1- I am 90 percent sure I had covid around Feb 4, nastiest flu I've ever had after a coworker came back from China around Christmas and spread it around office (my wife was in the US when covid hit the fan in North America and came back sick and was emailed by west jet that two people in her row tested positive, but Northern Health wouldn't test her because she wasn't deathly ill). Anyway I was quarantined with her for two weeks and I didn't get it cause either I had it before or I was asymptomatic). 2- I don't get the flu shot because I am a healthy adult and I don't mind getting these viruses' and colds, they are part of life and are the reason we have immune systems (although I do think this is a much more intense flu then normal but the media just turned it into a fricken circus and blew it way out of proportion, cause every stat I have seen says mostly people over the average life expectancy age are dying) I will re evaluate my flu shot getting when I get old like my parents and have a higher chance of dying of it. The message people need to take from this is BE MORE HEALTHY. EAT HEALTHY and EXERSIZE. go outside and play in the dirt to pick up good bacteria that helps your immune system function. Stop being lazy and eat less processed food and more home grown or local grown foods. If you aren't healthy, then yes do the obsessive cleaning, social distancing, and all the other circus stuff the news is telling us to do.

Anyway I am not a huge conspiracy guy myself, but I do think the world is going crazy and people are freaking about any little thing now a days, they are listening to the media and government more then actual Scientists and using their own brain to figure things out for themselves. People need to stop doing the whole us against them thing because it is tearing our society and our country apart. Get the whole story, don't just eat up the s*** the media feeds us, it is only half true, but you would change your mind if you saw all the facts. I stopped watching the news and I am much happier for it. Also turned off face book. It's not worth the stress. Living up in Northern BC takes you back 15 years in time and things are good up here (although climate change is not moving fast enough for us up here ;) Last two summers have been way too cold and rainy, not to mention the frigged winter temps!)

ha ha, guess it should probably read might change your mind on certain issues, instead of would change ;) I just feel more and more like a sheep getting told what to do and think all the time ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom