News! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm not anti vax, but I would refuse to take 100% effective covid vaccine for the following reasons: 1- I am 90 percent sure I had covid around Feb 4, nastiest flu I've ever had after a coworker came back from China around Christmas and spread it around office (my wife was in the US when covid hit the fan in North America and came back sick and was emailed by west jet that two people in her row tested positive, but Northern Health wouldn't test her because she wasn't deathly ill). Anyway I was quarantined with her for two weeks and I didn't get it cause either I had it before or I was asymptomatic). 2- I don't get the flu shot because I am a healthy adult and I don't mind getting these viruses' and colds, they are part of life and are the reason we have immune systems (although I do think this is a much more intense flu then normal but the media just turned it into a fricken circus and blew it way out of proportion, cause every stat I have seen says mostly people over the average life expectancy age are dying) I will re evaluate my flu shot getting when I get old like my parents and have a higher chance of dying of it. The message people need to take from this is BE MORE HEALTHY. EAT HEALTHY and EXERSIZE. go outside and play in the dirt to pick up good bacteria that helps your immune system function. Stop being lazy and eat less processed food and more home grown or local grown foods. If you aren't healthy, then yes do the obsessive cleaning, social distancing, and all the other circus stuff the news is telling us to do.

Anyway I am not a huge conspiracy guy myself, but I do think the world is going crazy and people are freaking about any little thing now a days, they are listening to the media and government more then actual Scientists and using their own brain to figure things out for themselves. People need to stop doing the whole us against them thing because it is tearing our society and our country apart. Get the whole story, don't just eat up the s*** the media feeds us, it is only half true, but you would change your mind if you saw all the facts. I stopped watching the news and I am much happier for it. Also turned off face book. It's not worth the stress. Living up in Northern BC takes you back 15 years in time and things are good up here (although climate change is not moving fast enough for us up here ;) Last two summers have been way too cold and rainy, not to mention the frigged winter temps!)
Thing I disliked most about facebook for the brief time I was on there years ago, was that I didn't want to know these people that well. I didn't want to know what idiot ideas they had, and what petty grudges they held when sitting alone at their computer at 2am.

Because they'd ****in tell you.

It gave people with these stupid opinions the confidence to voice them aloud because they were safe at home and not in danger of having someone get mad in person at them. So these idiots with bad ideas find like minded idiots, and s*** spreads like an invasive weed.

Pre social media, people still had tons of stupid or offensive opinions, but if they told a half dozen people these things in person, they'd get laughed at or yelled at and maybe feel an ounce of shame and keep quiet or change their minds.

Now, they can broadcast it to so many people at some point someone will agree . Vast majority might disagree with whatever lunacy is being spread but, they think they're doing good by being polite and not engaging, and engaging doesn't help either because people get their backs up and dig in and defend whatever indefensible opinion they have, and then the argument helps it spread. Not to mention the ones don't believe a word of what they say, and just do it just for the reaction it gets.

And all that is without even bringing politics into it at all, because that s*** make people nuts. The states is insane the way they've made one side hate the other, the media loves it because it's good for business.

I don't watch the news because I don't want to hear opinions. Same reason I stopped watching hockey. I freaking hate the commentary. "Great save! what a play" blah blah blah.... half the time I see the same thing and disagree.

I don't need those dipshits yelling at me telling me what to think. It's even worse on the radio where you can't see with your eyes when they're wrong.

Years ago I was watching a game and there was a glitch at the CBC, so for an entire period it was just the sounds from the ice, skates and sticks, with no talking heads yelling over it. It was ****ing awesome. If I could subscribe to a channel that gave that format as an option, I would.

On the bright side, a lot of this crap has a bit of a Darwin effect by making these people completely unfuckable.

Which, I guess is where the whole "incel" concept came from...:lol:

As for the the vaxxers. I work in a hospital, so for the past 7 years, my choices have been, get the flu shot, or wear a mask at work at all times and effectively have a scarlet letter on my forehead saying I'm one of 'those' people.

I don't particularly like being told I have to , but it's not worth the aggravation so I get the shot. Sometimes it even works. :lol:

Covid is definitely a level up from the usual. Had drinks one night with a doctor from the W.H.O., shortly before pubs closed.
His worst case scenarios were not quite apocalyptic hellscape, but it was scary s*** that would absolutely have changed the world forever.

Probably will change it anyways.

It's nowhere near the worst case he was talking about, but it hasn't finished kicking the s*** out of the countries where it's going to grow like crazy either. We're naturally spread out in B.C., I think if we all lived in a densely populated place like Brazil, opinions might be different.

If a vaccine ever shows up , I'm sure I'll have no choice but to get it if I want to remain employed where I am but I'm fine with it.

Chances of being asymptomatic and nuking some old people are too high.

Doubtful they will tho, and then it probably won't do much for Covids 21 and above...:lol:

Does kinda look like someone uted a cx-whatever :lol:

It was more the guts that intrigued. The empty space where mid sized diesels should be is tragic around here.

Yeah, I think the big three all have 1/2 ton or smaller diesel pick-ups on the market now; not sure how well they're selling. Would be nice if Toyota and even Mazda or Nissan could bring us something Hilux diesel-ish from their existing ranges over seas. Not that I can afford any of them. :lol:

Yeah, I think the big three all have 1/2 ton or smaller diesel pick-ups on the market now; not sure how well they're selling. Would be nice if Toyota and even Mazda or Nissan could bring us something Hilux diesel-ish from their existing ranges over seas. Not that I can afford any of them. :lol:
No probably not. Plus all the computers and emissions crap take the fun out of diesels.

Friend of mine has one of the smaller gms with the baby Duramax. Colorado?

Cool little truck. He really likes it but....he leases because he's self employed.

Not sure it's something I'd want to own after warrantees expired. Like anything German from the last 15 years. :rolleyes:

20200620_154634.jpg

Not cruiser related but an interesting read

I helped do a delete to a friend's dodge the other day, and apparently I googled something in the process.
Skynet now gives me performance diesel links to click on. Beats Russian singles ads I guess.:lol:

Anyways, thought this was interesting.

I helped do a delete to a friend's dodge the other day, and apparently I googled something in the process.
Skynet now gives me performance diesel links to click on. Beats Russian singles ads I guess.:lol:

Anyways, thought this was interesting.

Thats cool. I wonder how on earth the liner seals to the head gasket while rotating? it sure is a cool idea, I'd love to see a video on it.

Thats cool. I wonder how on earth the liner seals to the head gasket while rotating? it sure is a cool idea, I'd love to see a video on it.
I'm not sure.
In a couple pics you can see a thrust bearing and about a million little springs. That'd be the bit that worried me. Wild how wear is reduced by that much just with them spinning.

Same site had an article on a prototype rotary diesel.
Like the old rx7 Wankel thing.

They had a 35hp version and it was a tiny thing that looked more like a big alternator than an engine. Cool s*** if they can get it to work.

Ok, is 2020 over yet?

Mind controlling genital eating fungus.

A few words there that should never be in the same ****ing sentence...

Don’t forget Tarantula moths that are now being seen out during the day in Victoria.

I’m ready to leave 2020 behind and move onto 2021.

I get these RV emails. Apparently the message has been received about ‘Alaska loophole’
by US tourists. No more tourist, they actually have to be residents of Alaska or work requirement.

penalties are strict. Cool.

I get these RV emails. Apparently the message has been received about ‘Alaska loophole’
by US tourists. No more tourist, they actually have to be residents of Alaska or work requirement.

penalties are strict. Cool.
Good. That situation was pissing me off.

Tell the ****ers they have to fly if they want to get to alaska. They seem to treat canada as if they have a right of way to travel through it. Don't believe that's the case if everyone wanted to get dickish about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom