Newbie in Philly (soon to be in Cleveland, OH) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy! I just picked up a '74 FJ40 and I am looking forward to being a part of this forum. This is my second FJ40, the first was a $1500 disaster that I bought on impulse while on leave... not the smartest things I've ever done but young Marines are supposed to do dumb stuff! My new(er) FJ40 actually has a floor and a top so I guess I am doing better than last time.

Can't wait to meet some of you on the trail! :cheers:

3083804934_ddbb0d5704.jpg

3083804358_9313d77f95.jpg

I will be the first to welcome you. :flipoff2: Welcome to the addiction. I have been at it for over 10 years and still have a huge wish list.

nice i live in erie and there are several clubs in this area for 4x4s .cleveland is only an hour away.if you like to wheel check out yankee lake .com its not far from you.if you like tits and mud its the place to be good luck

almost forgot semper fi did my 4 years 67 to 71 thanks for serving

SHarp 40. Welcome:flipoff2:. Floors and roofs are nice, eh?

Nice truck ! Let us know the specs(power, suspension, etc.)And if you want to wheel, drive on out to Seattle and we'll tear it up !! Welcome:cheers:

Welcome to Mud, nice rig, and thank you for your service to our country.

Nice truck ! Let us know the specs(power, suspension, etc.)And if you want to wheel, drive on out to Seattle and we'll tear it up !! Welcome:cheers:

I might have to pass on the drive out to Seattle. The drive from Oklahoma to Ohio was rough enough. But you never know what will happen in 5 years... Montana is calling to me and that wouldn't be too far from Seattle.

As far as the specs go, this is the info I got from the guy:

I built this FJ-40 in 2005 using all new seals, SS bolts, metal, parts and pieces. It has 350 HP, power steering, power disc brakes and an overdrive. It has the original 4 speed manual transmission and the original transfer case. Both are in great shape. I removed the bent sheet metal in the bed and rear fenders and replaced it with ¼” aluminum diamond plate. The inside is sprayed with yellow Durabak. The rear panels were replaced and painted before the diamond plate was put on. All the glass and lenses are new. It will power down the interstate at 70 MPH around 2100 RPM and it will climb and dig at full torque around 2 MPH. I have all the receipts and manuals. Vehicle has only a few minor cosmetic flaws.

Power steering (new Saginaw gear box)
4 wheel power disc brakes
GM Performance 350ci Crate engine
Edelbrock/Weber fuel injection (EDL-3503)
K&N air filter
GM Serpentine pulley system
“Be Cool” Aluminum radiator
“Perma-Cool” Electric Fan
“Over the frame” Headers
GM high torque starter
Lokar throttle assembly

Manual 4 Speed transmission
Advance Adapter large release bearing
Center Force HD clutch
Advance Adapter overdrive torque splitter
Drive shaft emergency disc brake
Advance Adapter transfer case crossmember

IDITIT tilt steering column
Saginaw power steering conversion kit
Grant steering wheel
4 point roll cage fully paded

Stainless Steel custom dash
Auto Meter Pro-Comp gauges
Billet Aluminum pedals
Best Top Trail Max Pro seats
Crow seat harnesses
Tuffy stereo console w/Sony CD player
Custom aluminum speaker boxes
Mojave heater

Painless wire harness
JT Outfitter aluminum tailgate w/storage
Durabak sprayed interior

STC fast track top w/half doors
“Hell for Stout” front bumper
Warn M8274-50 winch

BTB disc brake conversion - 4 wheel disc brakes
All new brake lines
New Calipers/Discs

4” Specter Off Road leaf spring lift
BFG 35 x 12.5 x 15 Mud Terrain tires
Steel Super Trucker wheels
Heckthorn shocks and stabilizer

All new SS braided hoses w/AN fittings
SS side mirrors
SS bolts throughout
18 Gallon external fuel tank

What part of Cleveland? I grew up in NE OH and work for a company in Elyria.

What part of Cleveland? I grew up in NE OH and work for a company in Elyria.

I haven't decided yet. Still looking for places to live (and work... hint hint) but I will probably end up in/around Berea.

Wherever I end up, we'll have to get our "twins" together for some sort of run.

Looking for a job in or around Berea? What's your background, what are you looking for?

I've spent a lot of time in Cleveland/ Lakewood, it's a great city, the people are really nice, just wish the sports teams were better. I live an hour away from Philly. I have a 78 Mustard 40 but your trail teams FJ is what my wife wants! Good luck with everything and thank's for serving!

Welcome to MUD

and welcome to Cleveland :)

I live in Lakewood ... Not far from Berea

Any luck with the job? what are you looking for?

Is that 40 going to be on the road this winter? Unfotunatley my cruisers stay in the the garage until summer ... the salt here is MURDER for a 40.

:cheers:

Welcome to MUD

and welcome to Cleveland :)

I live in Lakewood ... Not far from Berea

Any luck with the job? what are you looking for?

Is that 40 going to be on the road this winter? Unfotunatley my cruisers stay in the the garage until summer ... the salt here is MURDER for a 40.

Cleveland ROCKS!!!

The 40 is going to be my daily driver once I get to OH so you will definitely see it on the road.

I haven't really started looking for work but I am open to just about anything. I've been a DOD contractor (Intelligence, Hardware/Software training, and systems support) since I left the Marines in '02 but there's not a whole lot of need for someone with my skill set in the greater Cleveland area.

If you know of anyone who's looking for help shoot me a PM and I'll send you a copy of my resume.

Did you get that red 81 FJ40 from Metro Toyota? I saw one there for sales a few years back that was restored? Steve

that was for johnkappus, I see he has an 81 fj40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom