Newbie here just checking in. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi my name is Paul. I live in Peoria, AZ and will be picking up my 97' LX450 hopefully today. Right now I drive a 96' 4runner V6, 5spd, with E-lock (check out the classifieds). It's a good little truck but I wanted something a little larger now that the wife and I will be adding a little one in April and we have 3 dogs. Anyway, the LX is in really nice condition, no lockers but I have a VIAIR compressor and take I had in another vehicle so I will be putting that in the LX and either get an ARB or just throw an Aussie in there. Plans for it are a 2" TJM lift with progressive springs, Radflo shocks, Method NV's, either 305/70/16's, or 295/75/16's, the locker in the rear, CDL switch, remove the running boards, install my air compressor and CB I have from a previous vehicle, maybe 4.56's on down the road, and probably call it a day for awhile. Plan on using it for daily driving, occasional weekend exploring/excursion, and taking the family to our favorite camping/hiking/water hole locations.

LX450.jpg

We were considering a 4Runner so the dog could enjoy the hatch window rolled down. We decided on an LX450 and the side windows are more than sufficient. I like how it looks in that color!

Welcome to the addiction, err club. Nice LX!

Congrats. I also used to own a 4Runner, '98 for me. I wanted a Land Cruiser but I needed a daily driver at the time, so bought the 4Runner. A number of years later I bought a commuter car and sold the 4Runner and finally bought a Land Cruiser.

Aussie locker, do it! Best ~$300 I've spent on the truck.

aussie locker + CDL = extremely capable vehicle.

hell yeah, like we need another white 80 series in AZ :lol:

welcome :cheers: - check out the local Clubhouses - can be found by clicking the tab at the very top of this page

Thanks everybody! I'm pretty excited about it, I just brought her home tonight. I'll take some pictures in the morning and post em up.

Welcome to the addiction :) Congrats, nice looking cruiser, sounds like you got your work all planned.

Yeah and the best news is the wife supports all of the modifications I want to do. I also just realized it has pretty much brand new Michelin LTX M/S 285/75/16's so I don't have to go buy 33's now. I thought they were stock size before I brought it home.

Last edited:
Welcome to the money pit and forums. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. And here's our salute :flipoff2:

UnderDawg where are you located? Love those bumpers. I like the simple/clean design.

nice new leather on the seats :cheers:

UnderDawg where are you located? Love those bumpers. I like the simple/clean design.
In Ohio but ship all over. Really digging your Cruiser!! Those seats look great. Hit me with a PM if interested in a bumper or a rack... or sliders.. or flip down tire carrier... or if you just need someone to talk to. :hillbilly:

Sliders and tire carriers too?! Oh man oh man. This site is dangerous. I'm going to have to start busting my butt at work even more so I can afford this.

I guess I never said much about the truck. It has 176k on the odo and the guy I bought it from hardly ever drove it because he had 5 vehicles and was constantly traveling with his cummins pulling his travel trailer. He didn't have the truck long and the previous owner did a lot of maintenance on it with receipts. If you guys see anything not done that should be let me know. I plan on changing all fluids with Amsoil like I do on my vehicles.
I picked her up for 8k which seemed to be a good deal around here after searching on and off for a couple years. Pretty much every one I inquired about sold before I got a chance at it and some for more than the asking price.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415528350.536040.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415528360.478693.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415528370.698663.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415528388.241063.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415528396.060874.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415528405.954104.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415528414.253705.jpg

Looks like you got a terrific deal mate. 8K for this rig sounds more than fair to me. Obviously you did your home work and, with patience, determination-and a little luck...she's now yours. Congrats.
As I said in some other posts, 80 series in really good conditions are in short supply; therefore the price for these will continue to rise.
Cheers

I guess I never said much about the truck. It has 176k on the odo and the guy I bought it from hardly ever drove it because he had 5 vehicles and was constantly traveling with his cummins pulling his travel trailer. He didn't have the truck long and the previous owner did a lot of maintenance on it with receipts. If you guys see anything not done that should be let me know. I plan on changing all fluids with Amsoil like I do on my vehicles.
I picked her up for 8k which seemed to be a good deal around here after searching on and off for a couple years. Pretty much every one I inquired about sold before I got a chance at it and some for more than the asking price. View attachment 963332View attachment 963333View attachment 963334View attachment 963335View attachment 963336View attachment 963337View attachment 963338

Good maintenance record for sure, you do not have to worry for oil leak for a long long time!! You got a gem there. Let the mod begins. Welcome to the addiction!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom