Newb With Lots of Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone. I just bought a 1969 FJ55 from Kalispell Mt. :D It has a straight six that I was able to get running after a little love to the ignition system. The transmission seems fine but the master cylinder, clutch and brake, seem to be shot. :D I am familiar with restoring vehicles as I grew up building misc hot rods etc. I have to say though that the Pig is something all together different. I am totally excited but I have tons of questions. I have contacted a couple of other Pig owners and they have been really helpful. I will post pics tomarrow or Friday so that everyone can give me their two cents. My two questions, at least the two that seem the most important right now are:

1. Can you put a 22re drivetrain in an old cruiser?
2. Can you use T-100 power steering gearbox on a FJ55, My buddy just totaled his truck today, dang deer in montana are huge!

Thanks Guys...

Carmon

I wouldn't put a 22r drivetrain in a fj55, the pigs are just too heavy.
Don't know about the t100 steering, something I've never seen.

Welcome

Welcome to MUD neighbor :flipoff2:

Now down to it, lets see that pig:)

Hey Buddy,
Congrats. Now forget a 22r.
Introduce your rig down in the 55 section and post some pics.
That is all.

Pictures, I hope....

Ok, this is my attempt to upload some pictures that my wife took right after I got it home. I am going to take some detailed pics so that I can ask the never ending list of questions that I have... Here goes! :doh:
DSC02734.jpg

Last edited:
What's up fellow Montanan? Congrats on the pig! Stay away from the 22R setup, it'll be straining its guts out until it finally gives up, especially if you ever try to pull any load or go up any good trails. It would be a wasted effort. Bring all your questions to the board, we are happy to lend our 2 cents worth.:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom