new (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello new to the forum.
I came from a 2016 4runner unfortunately someone had ran a red light and my car is done.(thankfully im alive) that beinf said, i have inherited a 92 fj80 from my inlaws that currently has 238,000 on the odo.
This is all brand new to me and been reading as much as i can. I drove the LC 2 days ago for the first time. It does feel a little sluggish. Where do i begin and what should I expect ?
compared to my newer 4runner i lost, this is all new to me. thank you

BC57E118-418D-40BE-A186-6D39160D61A5.jpeg

57904AE3-2949-462E-B647-7D9DF498CAA7.jpeg

Welcome.... the official Mud salute :flipoff2:

The 91-92 model have the 3FE motor with 155 HP and in stock form around 5,000 lbs. It's going to be slooooow.

BTW that damage to the 4Runner should just buff right out. :bang:

Welcome!
Your LC will feel slow. I am surprised that 4R is totalled with that damage.
The LC are very easy to work on. Post your questions, intended use, mechanical skill level, put on your big girl panties, your thick skin, and let's get to it!

Oh, and open your wallet.

learn to live with slow or sell it. there is nothing you can do to make the 3FE move like a modern vehicle. they are simple to work on and reliable so you have that going for you. welcome to the life in the slow lane.

Welcome!

Loving the monster running boards on the 92'.

Start with a tune up: Spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor, air filter. Check for vacuum leaks. Clean throttle body. Clean all grounds.

Other than that, check your front axle, possibly (most likely) ready for a rebuild (seals/gaskets). If can't get to that anytime soon, pump some moly grease into the knuckles. Check 4 lower nuts on knuckle, ensure they are all there and torqued (~75 ft-lbs if I can remember correctly). That is pretty much it.

I just picked up a 92 yesterday, and was wondering where to start as well.
233k and slower than anything I ever drove too. Coming from an 01 ranger that's saying a lot too haha.
If you're ever down this way dm me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom