New Wheels and Tyres on my 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just fitted a set of new 17 inch wheels on my LC (used to be on a mates 4Runner). Also new Cooper Discoverer ATR tyres - 265-70-17.

Also cleaned up the front end and repainted my winch cover, and fitted a bit of bling in the way of chrome door mirror caps with indicator lights in them (haven't wired up the lights yet though).

I think it's starting to look a lot better. Going to get my replacement rear step and bash plate shot blasted and powder coated to give them a more robust finish.
Dsc00681.jpg
DSC00682.JPG
DSC00683.JPG

Also managed to fit the later style radiator grille with a little bit of trimming, my old one with the Toyota across it was looking a bit tired and I managed to get a brand new one on ebay for £29 so it would have been rude not to take it off his hands.

No they are actually Dealer option fit for the late Landcruiser 80 that my friend had fitted on his runner - the bolt pattern and offset is the same, but with low profile tyres. They are badged Toyota wheels although I think they come from another manufacturer

looking at the second photo from the top.. i swear i'm looking at a late model isuzu trooper. chrome mirrors, similar five spoker wheels, no running boards etc... it doesn't have ambulance doors too, does it?

ace10 said:
looking at the second photo from the top.. i swear i'm looking at a late model isuzu trooper. chrome mirrors, similar five spoker wheels, no running boards etc... it doesn't have ambulance doors too, does it?

I wish it did have ambulance doors, much prefer that to the two piece lift gate - especially with the problems you get of bending the lower half if you kneel on it.

I took off the running boards cos they just get in the way and cover my trousers (or Pants) with mud and I never use them to get in the vehicle.

Need to get some new mud flaps at some point as these have the cutouts on the front ones for the front of the running boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom