New-to-me 200 Series, back in a modern Land Cruiser (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Life changes, and my wife and I wanted a 4 door car to support having a family in the future. Somehow, neither of us have ever owned a 4 door car. Luckily, my good friend who has a 200 bought a new Tremor and asked me if I wanted his 200 that I actually found and lightly modified for him a few years ago. Wife was super onboard, and now I have a 2009 200 series.
2024-02-14 17.41.03.jpg

Went "camping" the following weekend over by Stone Mountain NC. My wife likes to have basic amenities, and with public land for camping being kind of sparse out east (as opposed to where I'm from in UT), we booked a spot through Hipcamp.

2024-02-18 17.45.34.jpg

2024-02-18 17.45.13.jpg

2024-02-18 09.56.19.jpg

The drawers are awesome, first truck I ever had with ARB drawers. Much better optimization of space and accessibility, particularly with a dog crate.

Anyways, I figured I'd post in here. I've spent 80% of my time on MUD in the 70 series forum. Looking forward to figuring out the kinks and mods of a 200 series.

2022-11-12 19.08.25.jpg

Welcome to the club :flipoff2: That is a sweet troopy, and LHD too! Country of origin?

URJ200? US spec :)
FZJ75 is a Gibraltar Stockholdings gov't spec truck from the Turkish Gov't.

Congrats and welcome!

Welcome to the 200 club! I've always admired and wanted a troopy! Lived in Australia in the late 90's when I was a younger buck and took Toyota products for granted, especially diesels. Moved back to USA and :bang:

Enjoy the new 200! There are lots of good folks on this forum to help with any questions you have.

Troopy's great, it's been my dream vehicle since when I first saw one as a kid, although now that I'm older I think the 76/77 wagons are more aligned with how I use Land Cruisers and look forward to being able to import one when the time comes.
The 3UR-FE definitely chews through fuel at a ridiculous rate that makes me with the 1VDFTV was available purely for greater range.

I've been lurking on the 200 series forums for some time, and I do have an intermittent P2420 error code (no P0441) that comes on randomly - particularly cold mornings. I wonder if the OE FSM's address specific error code troubleshooting procedures, but i'll be pretty bummed if the whole charcoal canister has to be replaced. Once I get that figured out, I really want to get a 12.5gal LRA sub tank, but after reading through the forums on installs, i'm kinda torn on whether to just deal with the short range or the possibility of having more emissions related codes down the road.

Troopy's great, it's been my dream vehicle since when I first saw one as a kid, although now that I'm older I think the 76/77 wagons are more aligned with how I use Land Cruisers and look forward to being able to import one when the time comes.
The 3UR-FE definitely chews through fuel at a ridiculous rate that makes me with the 1VDFTV was available purely for greater range.

I've been lurking on the 200 series forums for some time, and I do have an intermittent P2420 error code (no P0441) that comes on randomly - particularly cold mornings. I wonder if the OE FSM's address specific error code troubleshooting procedures, but i'll be pretty bummed if the whole charcoal canister has to be replaced. Once I get that figured out, I really want to get a 12.5gal LRA sub tank, but after reading through the forums on installs, i'm kinda torn on whether to just deal with the short range or the possibility of having more emissions related codes down the road.
I've been having random P2420 error codes as well since it started getting cold over the past few months. Also had it 2 years ago. I've done a lot of research on it and common causes seem to be wiring fault or canister pump module (requires replacing charcoal canister). I have a LRA 24.5 gal tank installed so would have to drop it to get access to the charcoal canister. I did replace the fuel tank cap but still get the error.

Anyway, there is another thread on P2420

Here are some steps to test:
1709422290965.png

1709422301084.png

1709422312392.png

Good luck.

Thanks for the FSM steps! I recently just bought paper back copies of the FSM as well to try and see what troubleshooting there was but it looks like you provided what I needed. I ordered a new gas cap as well as OEM wipers (hopefully the ones where I just need to buy new rubber pieces in the future). I'll start from there, and see if the P2420's go away.

Congrats on the purchase.
A cool and familiar story.

Was down to just the 45 here and was looking to get back into a wagon for exploring and camping. I’ll admit I eyeballed your troopy hard and shared the link a few times; however I needed(wanted) a more modern, reliable and comfortable travel rig.

Went up to DC last week and snagged one myself last week.

Welcome from another 200 newb in NC! 🍻

Last edited:
Cool story bro.

No, Really. Cool and uncannily familiar story.
Congrats on the purchase.

Was down to just the 45 here and was looking to get back into a wagon for exploring and camping. I’ll admit I eyeballed your troopy hard and shared the link a few times; however I needed(wanted) a more modern, reliable and comfortable travel rig.

Went up to DC last week and snagged one myself. That was an adventure in itself.

Welcome from another 200 newb in NC! 🍻
@jfz80 Wow. I had no idea Nick sold his 200 until he told me today. Crazy. Congrats on picking up a nicely appointed 200. Hope to see you on the trails.

IMG_2702.jpeg

New OE wipers without the toyota logo came in, as well as a new gas cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom