New to FZJ80 ownership. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

But seriously like I can't find cloth seat covers for it. I can order some on anazon but I don't know if they will be a good fit, little stuff like that.

That's bevaube the cloth seats don't wear out and the leather sucks.

Those that have cloth seats rarely turn loose of them.

You would have to have an upholstery shop custom make them for you.

The cloth manual seats are MUCH more comfortable than the power leather seats.....

Check with @slow95z , as I believe he has a complete set of clothes seats for sale. They may not be the color you want.

Otherwise, many use different brands of covers. I use Cabela's Trail Gear seat covers for $25 each.

That's bevaube the cloth seats don't wear out and the leather sucks.

Those that have cloth seats rarely turn loose of them.

You would have to have an upholstery shop custom make them for you.

The cloth manual seats are MUCH more comfortable than the power leather seats.....

Check with @slow95z , as I believe he has a complete set of clothes seats for sale. They may not be the color you want.

Otherwise, many use different brands of covers. I use Cabela's Trail Gear seat covers for $25 each.
Thanks, it's currently 100F and these leather seats stick to me like napalm.

Reactions: ppc
Sold my cloth seats about a month back. I have another set in a truck I am using. I would be willing to sell them but I doubt you would want to pay me what I think they are worth.

Sold my cloth seats about a month back. I have another set in a truck I am using. I would be willing to sell them but I doubt you would want to pay me what I think they are worth.
I absolutely appreciate you letting me know though. I think I'm going to buy some cheap $30-$40 set for the driver and passenger until I can afford better seats/covers . I work full time but I'm also a college student now paying for this Cruiser. The biggest leap is that I was driving a 2000 Grand Cherokee where aftermarket parts are a dime a dozen And there are plenty to choose from.

I absolutely appreciate you letting me know though. I think I'm going to buy some cheap $30-$40 set for the driver and passenger until I can afford better seats/covers . I work full time but I'm also a college student now paying for this Cruiser. The biggest leap is that I was driving a 2000 Grand Cherokee where aftermarket parts are a dime a dozen And there are plenty to choose from.
There is a significant difference between that and this. This NOT cheap. However, if you install the good parts and don't throw cheap crap on it, it will last a LONG time with basic maintenance.

I bought mine cheap with LOTS of maintenance that had to be caught up. Also needed tires.

I drove it the first 25K having spent only $150 for a wiper motor, hood struts, and a rear view mirror repair. (Not including fuel of course...)

While I made my list and started to gather parts, the radiator exploded, causing me to advance my time table dramatically. I then spent $6000 on F/R axle rebuild kits, all hoses, belts, radiator, valve cover gaskets, spark plug tube seals, distributor oring, oil pump seal, front main seal, 4 rotors, 4 calipers, F/R brake pads, tie rod ends, and tires. I did all the work myself.

I have since driven another 53K with nothing but oil changes and gas.

Bring it up to par with a good, complete baseline as your budget allows (you must prioritize) and it will be very reliable. After you get through school, then worry about upgrades such as bumpers, lifts, big tires, lights, racks, etc.

Good luck!

Honestly, a full set of cloth seats in excellent condition would probably be worth close to $2K. Mine are mint but I still roll with brown bath towels over them because I have a dog and I really don't want to see my beautiful seats get all gummed up by his reckless attitude.

I like my leather. That's what aircon is for.

Honestly, a full set of cloth seats in excellent condition would probably be worth close to $2K. Mine are mint but I still roll with brown bath towels over them because I have a dog and I really don't want to see my beautiful seats get all gummed up by his reckless attitude.
I'm talking more of just coveres anyways. The seats have a little wear and tear but not much. The 3rd row seats that came with it look brand new.

I'm talking more of just coveres anyways. The seats have a little wear and tear but not much. The 3rd row seats that came with it look brand new.
People like the way the Duluth Trading Company seat covers perform if you are just looking for a cover for the front seats. My thought on the full cloth seat replacement was more for those that want to do all three rows and have them last forever and look really nice.

You'll have to decide, but as clean and low mileage that truck you bought is, it might be worth it to upgrade to cloth when the time comes. Keep your eyes on the Part Out and Classified forums here and if you see a deal, jump on it. The clothers are far less common though and most of the leather seats tended to have split seams and other issues. For such a well made vehicle, I think most would agree that Mr. T screwed up with whomever they sourced the leather for their seats. Common issue with a number of solutions. If you want, many people have had good luck with aftermarket leather, but they aren't cheap and often times they need to buy new seat foam from Mr. T, which adds even more expense.

That damage multiplier tho!

That was the first thing to come off my 93. Followed two days later by the running boards.

Nice 80. Ditch the “brush guard”. I know it was in fashion to have useless things on your Heep but not on a Land Cruiser.

Welcome ****er!

That damage multiplier tho!

That was the first thing to come off my 93. Followed two days later by the running boards.

Nice 80. Ditch the “brush guard”. I know it was in fashion to have useless things on your Heep but not on a Land Cruiser.

Welcome ****er!
I already scolded him on reddit;)

I think that f-er is coming off, poste haste.

I care because some day that 80 might be a parts source or even a replacement for mine :eek:

Because part of me is into stewardship territory with these trucks. I don't want any of them to go to waste.
Come to my hometown and save the trees that are being mowed down for McMansions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom