New rear springs vs. spacers for LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only reason to get the Kings is for more load bearing. Usually the rear spacers are needed only after doing the AHC sensor lift, as well as torsion bar adjust. I'd flush the AHC fluid and adjust T bars and go from there. Kings are great but overboard IMO for a DD, adversely affect ride quality I'd think. We loaded up our 06 we used to have, fridge, rear cargo full, cargo carrier full on top and stock setup was fine. RTT, bumpers, drawers, etc that's a different story.

Definitely might end up being more than we need, but I do need to relieve my AHC from being overburdened. Might lift sensors to bring the pressures back up, if necessary.

Interesting that for some people, getting new OEM springs brings the pressures back into spec, and for other people it doesn't bring it into spec. Any hypotheses out there as to why?

I also like going OEM whenever I can, but there seemed to be a decent amount of folks getting new springs and not getting into spec. So I was nervous and ended up getting spacers instead.

But nooowwww.... I'm kind of regretting it, because today I found out that the Ironman spacers don't fit even though they said it works for an LX. Sounds like the same story with the Dobinsons spacers Dobinsons rear 30mm spacers - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dobinsons-rear-30mm-spacers.1274986/ I of course would have bought the Slee spacers had they been available, but they appear to be long gone.

Edit: Apparently I was wrong and Slee DOES still have them! I think I was searching for spacers instead of "Spring Pads" (SLEE - 30mm Rear Spring Pads - '91-07 Land Cruiser - Pair - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/sof1133/) These look slightly different compared to the Ironmans. Maybe this has the correct ID? Wish I would have gotten these instead!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom