New member looking for first LC/LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I am a newly registered member. Decided to join up after spending many hours searching thru many posts looking for info and answers to questions I have regarding Land Cruisers and LX's. I am new to the platform having been a German auto tech and owning mostly German vehicles over the last 25 years. Recently decided I'd like to jump into a Land cruiser as I have always appreciated them.
I always do my due diligence and invest a lot of time researching something I know little about. So I have been spending a lot of time diving into understanding the intricacies, differences, and changes within the platform from year to year.
I've only looked at a couple that are local and still looking, though I'm sure I'll find one shortly.

Thanks and cheers to all that contribute all the valuable info that I have had access to.

Welcome to the forums. Some of the best 100 series for sale anywhere in the world can be found on ih8mud's classifieds section. good luck w/ the search

Thanks mate!
Tomorrow I'm looking at an '05 LX with 140k miles for. Asking price is $17,xxx but I feel they're very loose on that.
Can't tell from the pics but either blue vapor or silver over graphite lower. Looks exceptionally clean, almost too clean to venture off into the wilderness. Of course won't matter until I get a look on the bottom side.

Welcome to the forums. Some of the best 100 series for sale anywhere in the world can be found on ih8mud's classifieds section. good luck w/ the search
Excessive is correct. with a caveat...check join date and message count, if they are recent/low consider that it might be a flipper just here to cash in on the audience.

I'm actually getting ready to sell a 2001 LC in Maryland. It'll be on the mildly built/wheeled/cheapish side if that sounds appealing to you. Either way, good luck and we'll be happy to have you in the cult!

I'm actually getting ready to sell a 2001 LC in Maryland. It'll be on the mildly built/wheeled/cheapish side if that sounds appealing to you. Either way, good luck and we'll be happy to have you in the cult!

I'm heading to New Orleans in a week or so for an indefinite amount of time so my plan is to look for a suitable lc/lx up until the time I head south. I'm a broke ass underpaid mechanic so unfortunately my search is focused on dealer sales so I can finance. Unless my Ducati sells this weekend which will change my approach.

I'm heading to New Orleans in a week or so for an indefinite amount of time so my plan is to look for a suitable lc/lx up until the time I head south. I'm a broke ass underpaid mechanic so unfortunately my search is focused on dealer sales so I can finance. Unless my Ducati sells this weekend which will change my approach.
I have one for sale if the miles don't bother you. It has 454k but all of the maintenance has been done and it's completely rust free. It's in the classified section. 6.5k. I can assure you it's in better shape than most with half the miles. And you won't have to go through scummy dealers and try to finance.

I have one for sale if the miles don't bother you. It has 454k but all of the maintenance has been done and it's completely rust free. It's in the classified section. 6.5k. I can assure you it's in better shape than most with half the miles. And you won't have to go through scummy dealers and try to finance.

I'll check it out, Thanks mate!

And you're exactly right about the dealers. I'm a salespersons worst nightmare. I do a lot of ppi's in our shop on 911's, especially recently since the rise in value, so I'm well versed in catching a sellers dirty little secrets.

I looked at the 140K mile '05 LX470 today, had high hopes and loved the color, blue vapor.
The interior is a solid 8 even a 9 out of 10.. The chassis was not bad at all with just a little flaking at the weld joints, but nothing worth walking away from. The paint looked very nice until I got up close and personal. The hatch had been sprayed anfd the seam sealer was lifting on the upper gate and rust was starting to poke thru. The trim skirt was attached with velcro, and right doors painted. So much for a clean carfax. Found some decent amount of bubbling on the 1/4 between the bumper, and only visible from underneath.
Most dealers don't figure someone crawling underneath heir vehicles. The AHC and brake booster were working well. Overall it looked nice but I'm sure there's some secrets under the paint that will creep up soon, Just can't see spending $17k on it, maybe 10-12

I'll check it out, Thanks mate!

And you're exactly right about the dealers. I'm a salespersons worst nightmare. I do a lot of ppi's in our shop on 911's, especially recently since the rise in value, so I'm well versed in catching a sellers dirty little secrets.

I looked at the 140K mile '05 LX470 today, had high hopes and loved the color, blue vapor.
The interior is a solid 8 even a 9 out of 10.. The chassis was not bad at all with just a little flaking at the weld joints, but nothing worth walking away from. The paint looked very nice until I got up close and personal. The hatch had been sprayed anfd the seam sealer was lifting on the upper gate and rust was starting to poke thru. The trim skirt was attached with velcro, and right doors painted. So much for a clean carfax. Found some decent amount of bubbling on the 1/4 between the bumper, and only visible from underneath.
Most dealers don't figure someone crawling underneath heir vehicles. The AHC and brake booster were working well. Overall it looked nice but I'm sure there's some secrets under the paint that will creep up soon, Just can't see spending $17k on it, maybe 10-12
I know what you mean. I've looked at a ton of these and it's hard to find one that hasn't had some sort of body work. Before I purchased the one I have now I looked at one with half the mileage but it had had some serious paint work. When I saw mine it had a little over 400k on it. It was pretty close so I couldn't pass up the chance to look at it. The original owner had purchased it at lexus of birmingham and driven it back and fourth between there and California for his business. I have over 65k in receipts from where everything was done at the dealership. It was so clean other than the mileage I couldn't pass it up given the price. I've done a few things to it while I've had to make as close to mechanically perfect as I can. I'm located in north MS. Stop by on your way to LA and take a look if you're interested. Good luck with the search.

I know what you mean. I've looked at a ton of these and it's hard to find one that hasn't had some sort of body work. Before I purchased the one I have now I looked at one with half the mileage but it had had some serious paint work. When I saw mine it had a little over 400k on it. It was pretty close so I couldn't pass up the chance to look at it. The original owner had purchased it at lexus of birmingham and driven it back and fourth between there and California for his business. I have over 65k in receipts from where everything was done at the dealership. It was so clean other than the mileage I couldn't pass it up given the price. I've done a few things to it while I've had to make as close to mechanically perfect as I can. I'm located in north MS. Stop by on your way to LA and take a look if you're interested. Good luck with the search.

I'm taking the parkways down to avoid 81 and 55. If you're not too far from the Natchez Trace parkway I might be able to visit.

I'm taking the parkways down to avoid 81 and 55. If you're not too far from the Natchez Trace parkway I might be able to visit.
Sounds awesome. I'm in Tupelo. The trace runs right through the middle of town. Just keep me posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom