New Member--Glad I found this Site! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that I think about it ... I am thinking that is an early 69’ picture ... the directionals I believe changed over very early 69’

The wiser John may remember this ... @Living in the Past ... when did those tin can directional lights change ?

69 is one of those model years hard to say when it started. But 69 I would say they were rectangular plastic. What makes me think the photo is a 68 is the high single level hood pads for the windshield. 68s are the only year I've those. Earlier were lower. 69-74 were two levels.

hey martin

i hope these help u out in some way in your Quest for " Period Correct Orange "

DSCN9570.JPG

Is this how your Heater / DEF , & Cowl Vent & FD Knobs are all layed out ?

DSCN9573.JPG

867AC393-0E04-47AD-B461-2E127A1F89F3.jpeg
Its on the road— went to Home Depot today. Dog stayed home:bang: Wifey and I live in the Kensington area btw--what part of SD do you live--not many 40s on the road in SD in my view.

Great Truck @Martyt, we'll have to get together some time when it's on the road.

Last edited:
69 is one of those model years hard to say when it started. But 69 I would say they were rectangular plastic. What makes me think the photo is a 68 is the high single level hood pads for the windshield. 68s are the only year I've those. Earlier were lower. 69-74 were two levels.
Makes sense Johnny and John. Mine is a 5/69 and has rectangular. Strange year with the 3/69-9/69 carb and the ultra rare carb solenoid that goes along with it. I bought 3 extra carbs of course because i am insane. Matt: I would buy those hoses but I think I can buy original. @pardion has my short red PCV that goes from air cleaner to valve cover and am sure I can find the other red hoses.

Makes sense Johnny and John. Mine is a 5/69 and has rectangular. Strange year with the 3/69-9/69 carb and the ultra rare carb solenoid that goes along with it. I bought 3 extra carbs of course because i am insane. Matt: I would buy those hoses but I think I can buy original. @pardion has my short red PCV that goes from air cleaner to valve cover and am sure I can find the other red hoses.

i Don't have any Orange hoses for sale ? o_O

that's a Photograph i took out of one of my Color Sales Brochure's in my collection for u to use for Reference purposes ..................

i think its a 1970 Brochure , but its not dated in any way ?

DSCN9580.JPG
DSCN9581.JPG

Matt, I would need to weather new hoses--no biggie but would like to find some old stuff. Hey, it's just PCV so as long as they are more or less functional, does not matter to me.

I'm near lake Hodges off of Via Rancho Parkway, I see a handful of 40's every so often. There's a couple at work in Rancho Bernardo.

Mine runs, but not without some fighting to get it to start. Definitely do for a carb rebuild.

Last edited:
I know the area— lived in 4S ranch 10 years ago. FJ40Jim or Mark are good at rebuilds. Jim is doing one of my extra carbs now.

Here is how it looks today—except for things I can undo such as putting jump seats back on and going back to single battery tray, going back to round mirrors and a few minor stuff,mine is a pretty original 69FST including OEM bows, doors, PTO winch, engine, etc. not showroom condition but all there as it should have been— still working on some obscure original things but that is the fun of it— love the 40s
B0055200-D76D-4BD3-A4E3-3DB028A7ECD1.jpeg
EFFD50D7-D346-4328-9214-C05087C8AFBC.jpeg
C9EFFC3F-3583-4705-8A8D-358DE3DEC0E5.jpeg
0804ADF2-8933-4E6F-BE92-5E58BFC55488.jpeg
0815B6DB-AD38-40E2-8EAF-6151DBE26800.jpeg

Just looking at my first thread on this Forum and reminiscing. I can't say enough how great you guys are--so much collective knowledge on this Forum and lots of laughs along the way. I love my 40 and drive it as often as I can. As my first post said, glad I found the site!

It is a terrific site. The knowledge base is as deep as anything I have ever seen and the helpfulness is equally as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom