New Member, first LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fine folks

I’ve actually been pursuing these threads for a few years learning and lurking. I finally, after three years of looking, found an excellent condition 06 LX. Had all services done at a Lexus dealership up until 175k miles. It now has 238k miles and Im picking it up Wednesday, and then getting the timing belt done before it goes anywhere else. I’m very excited to start my first overland project. Probably will keep AHC until I have a reason not to. I’m thinking 275/70/18 KO2s are the first thing I’m going to do as this is going to be a winter get-around truck for me as well (I’m self employed on site IT consultant and will be nice to be able to get to clients when it snows). Those tires shouldn’t rub at all at normal ride height, correct?

Awesome, if you had to do it over, would you still pick the same size or possibly go with 285/65/18?
Good question- just bought the vehicle in April, came with basically new 275/70/18 KO2. I like that they give additional 1” lift and aren’t too much of a leap for the stock platform to adjust to.
I plan to see how they do this Montana winter and reevaluate next year.

Good question- just bought the vehicle in April, came with basically new 275/70/18 KO2. I like that they give additional 1” lift and aren’t too much of a leap for the stock platform to adjust to.
Is that a LT tire?

Do they look like they fit under the wheel wells naturally or do they basically like almost touch the ends of the wheel arches closest to the ground? Form and function are both important to me.

Do they look like they fit under the wheel wells naturally or do they basically like almost touch the ends of the wheel arches closest to the ground? Form and function are both important to me.
IMHO I think they fit the vehicle perfectly. Stock, natural appearance.
1690834994904.jpeg

1690835173746.jpeg

Nice! They do look good, is that with ahc at normal height or does your lc not have ahc? Looks like your rear is laden w gear or sagging

Nice! They do look good, is that with ahc at normal height or does your lc not have ahc? Looks like your rear is laden w gear or sagging
I do have AHC, love it. Pix are AHC normal. Top pic is prior to King springs install but I think the sag is due to uneven surface.

I just think the 285/65/18 looks better proportionally At Tire Size Calculator - https://tiresize.com/calculator/

the important thing though is, you think they will rub? They are 32.6” in diameter conpared to 33.2” W the 275/70/18, and .4“ wider.

I have read here that the 285's rub more often than the 275's but that seems to be rare with either tire. If they do rub it will be easy to fix, you aren't exactly pushing the limits. The 275's have a bigger selection (especially when it comes to load range), seem to be generally cheaper and are a common size so if you need one in a pinch it's likely you'll be able to find one.

I have read here that the 285's rub more often than the 275's but that seems to be rare with either tire. If they do rub it will be easy to fix, you aren't exactly pushing the limits. The 275's have a bigger selection (especially when it comes to load range), seem to be generally cheaper and are a common size so if you need one in a pinch it's likely you'll be able to find one.
Yeah that’s true, the 275/70 is $40 cheaper per tire, and theoretically the ride should be a little bit better because of the extra side wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom